4. Varina -
5. John Champe -
6. Tuscarora +1
7. Salem +1
8. Sherando +1
9. Woodgrove +1
10. Hanover +1

HM: John Handley, Jefferson Forest, GW Danville, Powhatan
Where do you think teams like Smithfield and Hampton rank in Class 4? I think both have the talent to beat a lot of the top class 4 teams out west.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Where do you think teams like Smithfield and Hampton rank in Class 4? I think both have the talent to beat a lot of the top class 4 teams out west.
Relax bro, that’s a hell of a reach. Smithfield beat Jamestown 7-0 last week 😂 JAMESTOWN dawg..

Hampton got blown out by King George.. Hampton not even top 20 in C4..

Honestly I just don't know as much about the teams out in Region 4A. Know Hampton has talent and gave King George a great game, but the Foxes have disappointed so far this year, and since they aren't in my honorable mention neither are the Crabbers (for now). Smithfield could move up as well but like Bo said their performance against Jamestown was not exactly encouraging.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Honestly I just don't know as much about the teams out in Region 4A. Know Hampton has talent and gave King George a great game, but the Foxes have disappointed so far this year, and since they aren't in my honorable mention neither are the Crabbers (for now). Smithfield could move up as well but like Bo said their performance against Jamestown was not exactly encouraging.
KG was up 40-19 and took their starters out. KG is crazy banged up and very young. I think they lost 30 seniors and are playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores alongside the guys they returned. Hampton had a nice comeback in that game but they’re not a good football team.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
My wager is that Phoebus is the clear favorite to win the title this year and that there are 4-ish other teams that aren't on Phoebus's level but are a cut above the rest, and could give them a game on the right day. Those four would be Dinwiddie, Huguenot, Varina, and Salem. From what I've seen, Salem's fans have been a bit underwhelmed by this year's edition of the Spartans, but I've heard that kind of talk from them before and it always feels like they're a threat to win the championship regardless.

Sherando, Handley, the NOVA teams, and a few of the southern teams I know less and little about would probably fit into the group just below those four. I could move a couple of them up if they continue to impress, but at present I'd say the 6-15 range are pretty closely matched.

C4 West of Richmond:
1. Tusky
2. Woodgrove
3. Salem
4. GW Danville
5. Champe, Sherando, Glass.. Take your pick

C4 Richmond Metro over to the water:
1. Phoebus
2. Huguenot
3. Dinwiddie
4. Varina
5. Powhatan

Gimme…
1. Maury
2. Hayfield
3. Phoebus
4. Oscar Smith
5. Huguenot
6. James Madison
7. Matoaca
8. King’s Fork
9. Glen Allen
10. Dinwiddie

Relax bro, that’s a hell of a reach. Smithfield beat Jamestown 7-0 last week 😂 JAMESTOWN dawg..

Hampton got blown out by King George.. Hampton not even top 20 in C4..
Maybe the word i should’ve used is compete. Smithfield and Hampton have the talent to compete with a lot of teams out west.

Sidenote i saw 7-0 against Jamestown and assumed that’s how maxpreps labeled forfeits…no clue how that game ended 7-0 and it definitely makes me look at them different

Ok that makes sense

Reactions: blackknight_pride
My wager is that Phoebus is the clear favorite to win the title this year and that there are 4-ish other teams that aren't on Phoebus's level but are a cut above the rest, and could give them a game on the right day. Those four would be Dinwiddie, Huguenot, Varina, and Salem. From what I've seen, Salem's fans have been a bit underwhelmed by this year's edition of the Spartans, but I've heard that kind of talk from them before and it always feels like they're a threat to win the championship regardless.

Sherando, Handley, the NOVA teams, and a few of the southern teams I know less and little about would probably fit into the group just below those four. I could move a couple of them up if they continue to impress, but at present I'd say the 6-15 range are pretty closely matched.
I just want to throw something out there. I did see Handley play once last year at Handley. They have a good athlete in Hassan Akanbi. I think he plays running back but I could be mistaken. I did see Sherando play once last year. Sherando holds the one spot in the 4D power rankings right now. Sherando quarterback Micah Carlson has a good arm. Can pick defenses apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT