ADVERTISEMENT

My top ten after week 8

They don't need scouts there. Broad Run coach use to be our O coordinator. He knows us very well and vice versa. I agree it's going to be a good one...will have us battled tested for the playoffs. They may be they best team in the state after us!

They don't need scouts there. Broad Run coach use to be our O coordinator. He knows us very well and vice versa. I agree it's going to be a good one...will have us battled tested for the playoffs. They may be they best team in the state after us!
Haha! 804 has won 5 straight Class 5 (5A, AAA Div. 5) whatever you want to call it, for a reason! The best football in Virginia is played in Metro RVA!

You are going WAAAAAY out on a limb with that statement. SB is certainly a top 5 in the state, and BR might be top 20, but absolutely they are not 1-2. Earlier in the season I would have said SB is probably the best overall, but losing Block makes them more vulnerable.

Thats funny! I have no love for Broad Run but Top 20? Not even top 10 sitting at 9-0??? Please!!!!

Block is a monster and surely losing a player of his ability hurts some but im guessing you don't have a great understanding of the depth we have at RB. There are simply not enough footballs to go around for the plethora of stud RBs on the squad.

Massaponax is not the Massaponax Of the last few years. Lots of young guys (Freahmen) starting on both sides of ball. Played perfectly, and got every break first time they played North Stafford. No one in 5D is going to come close to North Stafford, easiest path to state semi-final to me.

What happened here with North?

Thats funny! I have no love for Broad Run but Top 20? Not even top 10 sitting at 9-0??? Please!!!!

Block is a monster and surely losing a player of his ability hurts some but im guessing you don't have a great understanding of the depth we have at RB. There are simply not enough footballs to go around for the plethora of stud RBs on the squad.
Perhaps we are comparing apples and oranges. You said "in the state", which means all classifications. If you mean Class 5, then you have a valid argument-and I agree that SB-BR being 1-2 in Class 5 is a strong possibility. But Highland Springs and Hermitage are also in the same category of "Class 5 top teams". Doesn't detract from the fact that SB is probably the best in Class 5, and probably a state wide top 5.

To be honest... Hermitage has played the hardest schedule in the state and is undefeated having beat
HSHS
Henrico
Varina
Thomas Dale
and potentially Manchester this week.

That will be 5 of their victories over 7+ win teams who all play in quality districts. These are not 7 win teams from the Battlefield or anything like that.

Class 5 is debatably the best in the state. I do not think Broad Run is the 2nd best team.

I think I will stick with Hermitage until someone proves it false. I think SB, HSHS, Broad Run etc are certainly in the discussion and I aint mad at ya if you think they are number 1. Good news is, is we will find out soon.

I am high on Varina too. I would not want to have to play them in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs.

Reactions: Herm95
I think VaPreps has the top 4 nailed down. I think the order can be rearranged in a number of ways.
1 St. Bridge
2 Hermitage
3 HSHS
4 Broad Run
This is my order:
1 Hermitage
2 HSHS
3 St. Bridge
4 Broad Run
Why? Because HSHS is the 2x defending Champ. Hermitage beat the champ, Stone Bridge is 0-2 to the Champs and Broad Run hasn't played 1&2 or 3 but, will have a chance to move up if they beat S. Bridge!

Last edited:
I think VaPreps has the top 4 nailed down. I think the order can be rearranged in a number of ways.
1 St. Bridge
2 Hermitage
3 HSHS
4 Broad Run
This is my order:
1 Hermitage
2 HSHS
3 St. Bridge
4 Broad Run
Why? Because HSHS is the 2x defending Champ. Hermitage beat the champ, Stone Bridge is 0-2 to the Champs and Broad Run hasn't played 1&2 and will have a chance to move up if they beat S. Bridge!

Ponax played a perfect game and it seems at times that North loses interest or focus at times and drops games to inferior teams. It happened this week too vs. Brooke Point, went down 24-21.
Something has to be said about the BPHS Defense holding a team that averages over 50 a game to only 3 scores. Holding Ravenel to 28 rushing yrds of offense. Ford had a good game. But 1 person does not make a team. Take out Ford's numbers and the offense Barely breaks 100 yards on the night. Ravenel had 38 yards in the air. (Took stats from paper) That effort will not beat Forge at all.

Reactions: Michael Cassio
ACL, luckily the kid that transferred in from Atlee N.Mell was better than expected. Been a stud this year!! and my prediction in our offense will be one of the top RBs in VA next year.
Atlee HS always ssems to harbor good athletes! They have a so so team this year.(they could've used him) !
We playe Atlee Friday night. 44-6 halftime.
57-6 end of 3.
63-20 final

Proves coaching and the culture and systems they implement matter.

There are a lot of good games the next two weeks in 5 and will be interesting to see how seedings shake out. In 5D who knows who is coming out as they all beating up on each other.

There are a lot of good games the next two weeks in 5 and will be interesting to see how seedings shake out. In 5D who knows who is coming out as they all beating up on each other.
We have Patrick Henry Ashland this week (prob. be s blow out) . Next week we have a battle with Varina.. That should be a doozy!

Reactions: mbonape1
ACL, luckily the kid that transferred in from Atlee N.Mell was better than expected. Been a stud this year!! and my prediction in our offense will be one of the top RBs in VA next year.
SB's offense runs multiple rb's constantly, similarly to HS's. We have about 5 stud rb's. They are all used regularly! We have 3 of them can be heavy weights! They don't get gaudy numbers because we use so many! One of them is hurt, but the stand in is impressive! Of them all, only 1 of them is a senior.

Depth is crucial indeed!
Yes it is! HS has plenty of reserves in every position that will all be here in 2 and 3 more years! Even 2 ample quarter backs ( starter is a Jr., our other qb is a soph.). They are both very good. We have a Freshma qb that is quite good too ( left handed). The entire team is made up of Sophomores and Juniors. Only 3 or 4 Seniors (who all are not starters) on the whole team.

Last edited:
Herm plays a lot of people on defense. I think that is why we do so well in the second half. But, we do have a lot of seniors this year.

Something has to be said about the BPHS Defense holding a team that averages over 50 a game to only 3 scores. Holding Ravenel to 28 rushing yrds of offense. Ford had a good game. But 1 person does not make a team. Take out Ford's numbers and the offense Barely breaks 100 yards on the night. Ravenel had 38 yards in the air. (Took stats from paper) That effort will not beat Forge at all.

Agreed 100%, Brooke Point played a great game defensively according to paper. This type of effort wont come close to Forge, will be interested to see how North bounces back this week with Riverbend. The road in 5D may run through Brooke Point after this weekend, great year for the Black Hawks.

5D seems to be a crapshoot in terms of seedings at the moment, still believe North Stafford is the best team in that region and will prove it come playoff time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT