Trenton Morris East Rockingham High School LB

Peyton Rutherford Clarke County High School RB

Region C
Tre Lawing Appomattox High School QB

Christian Ferguson Appomattox High School RB

Region D
Brody Meadows Graham High School

Sage Webb Richlands High School

Think this guy oughta be honorable mention in Region C, lead the region in passing yards and TD’s and finished second team all region as a Junior

Graham probably has 4 of the top 10 players in region D this upcoming season in Devin Lester, Aaron Edwards, Nick Kastner and Brody Meadows. The defense should be nasty, returning 8 starters from a defense that dominated opponents in the post season last season. Graham needs a couple more offensive threats to step up this season and a little help on the O-Line but I like their chances again this upcoming season.

Reactions: FridayNightLights60
@footballjunkie01 Devin Lester from Graham & Trenton Adkins from Ridgeview are your two best players returning from region D. Both were first team all state selections.

Adkins is ranked in 247’s top 70 of his class and holds multiple offers.

Lester will be switching to QB to replace Cam Allen. He recently received an offer from ODU.

@footballjunkie01 Devin Lester from Graham & Trenton Adkins from Ridgeview are your two best players returning from region D. Both were first team all state selections.

Don't know about power 5 or college offers, but basing it purely on "good high school football player", I wouldn't put anyone above Lester in Region D.

Region A: Jayem Class of 2020 OL/DL Che’Quan Johnson 6’3 240 LBS

Top players in 2D

1. Devin Lester, Graham
  2. Trenton Adkins, Ridgeview
  3. Aaron Edwards, Graham
  4. Brody Meadows, Graham
  5. Nick Kastner, Graham
  6. Alijah Sproles, Ridgeview
  7. Levi Forrest, Richlands
  8. Will Miss, Marion
  9. Hayden Whited, Richlands
  10. Mason Polier, Union
  11. Sage Webb, Richlands
  12. Landon Atkins, Graham
  13. Isaiah Justice, Graham
  14. Luke Martin, Richlands
  15. Stevie Thomas, Virginia High

Top players in 2D

1. Devin Lester, Graham
  3. Aaron Edwards, Graham
  4. Brody Meadows, Graham
  5. Nick Kastner, Graham
  8. Will Miss, Marion
  10. Mason Polier, Union
  11. Sage Webb, Richlands

Not a bad list, but Chancellor Harris & Josiah Jordan from Tazewell are missing.

Tazewell returns a ton of talent. I would definiitely have Jordan and Harris in the top 10 on that list. Mike Jones is not far behind.

Region C

PJ Prioleau, Radford, first team All State last year on both sides of the ball as a sophomore.

Tez Booker, Appo. Freakish speed and athleticism, second team All State on defense as a sophomore last year. Tre Lawing has more name recognition, but Booker has Div 1 potential as well if he adds muscle in the weight room. He also can play on offense and take it to the house when he touches it. I think he plays a slot type position at the next level, but he locks receivers down at the High School level.

Others in the mix from Region C are Tre Lawing of Appo who I think will play linebacker at the next level and Christian Ferguson at RB.

Radford's Justice Marshall, Ethan Hoffman, and Ben Cox (all 3 were first team All State). Along with Prioleau, Radford returns 4 first team all staters in addition to our QB who wasn't all state, but is very heady and pretty smooth.

Glenvar"s Brady Loder who was 2nd team All State.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'll say this, Appomattox is far from a sure winner in Region C this coming year. I can see them being favored, but Radford is going to be pretty darn good again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19GHS87
I will take your guys word for it. I didn’t see Tazewell last season. Just saw the record and assumed they didn’t have much

I will take your guys word for it. I didn’t see Tazewell last season. Just saw the record and assumed they didn’t have much
They had a ton of young talent this past season. A lot of Tazewell folks have been looking forward to the next 2 seasons for a while now, they have a lot of athleticism. Whether or not that translates to wins is yet to be seen. Developing the mindset of these kids will be the biggest task. The coaching carousel has been moving awfully fast in T - Town lately. There are some already calling for the head of their most recent coach.

They will probably have the athleticism this year to match Graham on the field, but the G-Men are working awfully hard this off-season, perhaps harder than ever. Graham will be prepared, focused,disciplined and in great shape come regular season. If Tazewell puts in the work, then they will be dangerous.

Harris, Jones, Jordan and Blevins will all ge dangerous weapons on offense. They have some good sized and talented linemen returning, including Heldreth (I think, that's the name), who may be showing up on some recruiting lists of his own soon. A couple of outstanding linebackers in Pridgen and Taylor. All of the tools to do very well are there.

Last edited:
Top players in 2D

1. Devin Lester, Graham
  3. Aaron Edwards, Graham
  4. Brody Meadows, Graham
  5. Nick Kastner, Graham
  8. Will Miss, Marion
  10. Mason Polier, Union
  11. Sage Webb, Richlands

Polier too low.

Whited, Miss possibly Sproles

Awful lot of Richlands/Graham kids, I guess Union will be lucky to win 5 games

Whited, Miss possibly Sproles

Awful lot of Richlands/Graham kids, I guess Union will be lucky to win 5 games

I can respect that. And I think Union will be good this year. They are always disciplined and always well coached. But I do think they will struggle on September 6 and September 20th.

I can respect that. And I think Union will be good this year. They are always disciplined and always well coached. But I do think they will struggle on September 6 and September 20th.

They will struggle on .the 20th, not so much on the 6th. Richlands will struggle again this season. Lack of speed is - and will continue to be a huge problem for them. The transfer train has de-railed. I'm sure they will have a solid team, but Union will be right there with them. Graham will have a flat out nasty defense and the offense won't be too far off from what they had last season.

Reactions: 21vol
They will struggle on .the 20th, not so much on the 6th. Richlands will struggle again this season. Lack of speed is - and will continue to be a huge problem for them. The transfer train has de-railed. I'm sure they will have a solid team, but Union will be right there with them. Graham will have a flat out nasty defense and the offense won't be too far off from what they had last season.

I always find it funny when people say Richlands lacks speed. When Richlands plays Graham this year, Richlands might have the two fastest kids on the field (Webb and Steele). No doubt, Lester is fast and a great athlete but let’s not undersell the athletes Richlands has.

I always find it funny when people think that 1 or 2 kids with speed is good team speed.

Reactions: rainman17

Union won't even win their district this year.

If Union can win seven games, it's a win.
Lee, GC, Wise, Letcher, Paintsville (I'm told winnable game), Battle and Richlands. Ridgeview has To come to the park, Union could poss win, but Graham and Abingdon are Ls.

If Union can win seven games, it's a win.
Lee, GC, Wise, Letcher, Paintsville (I'm told winnable game), Battle and Richlands. Ridgeview has To come to the park, Union could poss win, but Graham and Abingdon are Ls.

Not if Paintsville is anything like they have been over the last half decade or so... it usually comes down to Paintsville and Pikeville in the semifinals in 1A in Kentucky on who advances to Lexington.

I'll go ahead and say Ridgeview will definitely lose to Pikeville. They won it all two years ago and finished runner up last year. They are always tough. Plus Ridgeview has to go there and we both know how Kentucky refs are... Lol

Not if Paintsville is anything like they have been over the last half decade or so... it usually comes down to Paintsville and Pikeville in the semifinals in 1A in Kentucky on who advances to Lexington.

I'll go ahead and say Ridgeview will definitely lose to Pikeville. They won it all two years ago and finished runner up last year. They are always tough. Plus Ridgeview has to go there and we both know how Kentucky refs are... Lol

from everything I've seen, if Union can play their A game and AFAIK it's a home game, Union can win. I have a hard time believing a 1A school could be that much more dominant compared to a Union or RV. They're close to the same in national ranking, and depending on how Union gels on offense, I won't automatically count it as a loss.

And no one is picking Union to win the M7. Abingdon has to be the favorite, but three teams could possibly win it. Ridgeview has to come to BSG but then Union has to go to Abingdon.

from everything I've seen, if Union can play their A game and AFAIK it's a home game, Union can win. I have a hard time believing a 1A school could be that much more dominant compared to a Union or RV. They're close to the same in national ranking, and depending on how Union gels on offense, I won't automatically count it as a loss.

Yeah, it didn't help that when Ridgeview played Paintsville, they had Kash Daniel. Some of the hits he laid on us made Polier and Sproles look weak by comparison.

Yeah, it didn't help that when Ridgeview played Paintsville, they had Kash Daniel. Some of the hits he laid on us made Polier and Sproles look weak by comparison.

Yeah being a big time D1 starting LB can certainly help, I'm not aware of Paintsville having that kind of talent this year but could be wrong.

All in all, I'd much rather play a KY team in VA or anywhere except their home stadium. No area gets more home cooking from officials, score keeper keepers, time keepers, etc... than eastern KY.

Nah it hasnt derailed. Just switched tracks and the tracks are leading to Graham.

There might not be a better all around player in the AA class than Lester. I know others in the West and the rest of VA AA have big-time offers, but Lester could have been the AA player of the year on O and D last year if not for Allen. I think his only offer now is ODU, but he will get more. The kid is a freakish athlete and just an all around incredible High School football player. He's going to be a slot or possession type receiver at the next level and he is going to do well.

Lester may not be the qb at Graham this season as many have expected. Rumblings of another kid stepping up and doing well at qb, which wiill allow Lester to play at slot and get touches at other spots, that he is being recruited for. Stay tuned on that, I guess. Lineplay will still be the big ? for Graham. They will need some young guys to step up.

Last edited:

The transfer train derailed and Richlands former defensive coordinator was a nice addition to Graham's staff last year. I say one of Mance's worst calls as coach was replacing Palmer as his DC. Rex Bradshaw and Palmer did a phenomenal job shoring up Graham's defense last year. I expect it will be just as brutal this year with most of the DL returning. As far as Richlands , they'll will be good but not sure they'll be great but their kicker could be a candidate for some of the end of season awards.

Reactions: 19GHS87
The transfer train derailed and Richlands former defensive coordinator was a nice addition to Graham's staff last year. I say one of Mance's worst calls as coach was replacing Palmer as his DC. Rex Bradshaw and Palmer did a phenomenal job shoring up Graham's defense last year. I expect it will be just as brutal this year with most of the DL returning. As far as Richlands , they'll will be good but not sure they'll be great but their kicker could be a candidate for some of the end of season awards.
I agree. The offense will have plenty of weapons, and as I mentioned before, the key will be lineplay. Let's hope that Graham gets a faster start out of the gate this year, that first game was ugly, maybe Bluefield will be the team that is sluggish out of the gate this season, who knows. Bluefield will be a monumental challenge this season, but I think Graham should hold their own. Defense can win or lose the big games and Graham will certainly have a stellar defense. Having Ray as a DB will be a great addition, too. Bluefield lost quite a bit of their offensive line, also. So, if Graham can blow plays up before they start that would be huge with the athleticism and speed that Bluefield has at the skill positions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT