ADVERTISEMENT

Nation Ford Will Not Play GW This Year

Jul 23, 2022
It's official, GW now needs a game this September 16th. Good luck finding one at this late date!

This was brought about because Nation Ford refused to honor their half of a 2 year agreement. GW traveled to Fort Mill last year. The Yellow Jackets were to come north this year on September 16th. Because of renovations and construction on the track and around JF Christopher Stadium the Eagles are having to get creative to play a "home" schedule. Averett University has been great to work with us. Because of a conflict with other Averett sports on 9/16 GW was offered the opportunity to play of Thursday, 9/15. When offered this chance NF said it was too far to travel on a school night. At this point GW officials contacted Halifax County. HC was more than happy to accommodate us as they are away that week. This option was presented but turned down because according to NF, the extra 30 min they would have to travel was too far. Perhaps that willingness to to go the extra miles was somewhat affected by their 46-31 defeat to the Eagles last season. Regardless, it does not speak well to the program and administration at Nation Ford HS that they have failed to honor their part of this agreement. According to NF officials they have found an opponent so the big loser here it George Washington High School and their fan base.

I vaguely remember a 2 year contract not being honored involving GW not long ago. Not sure if it was the opponent or GW.

We had to cancel our home game with Lake Taylor in 2011 because of weather. And we couldn't reschedule it for Saturday because 25 bands were scheduled to come in for a regional competition.

I found it humorous that some LT fans accused us of being "afraid" of them. Um...if we were that "afraid" of you we wouldn't have agreed to play in the first place. :)

And played them the closest that any team played them that year. Lake Taylor was loaded.
That was one of the best defenses I've ever seen. It seems liked every last one of them was 6'2" 210, could run like a deer and hit like a freight train.

We lost 21-0. We couldn't have scored on them if we had a week to do it!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
That was one of the best defenses I've ever seen. It seems liked every last one of them was 6'2" 210, could run like a deer and hit like a freight train.

We lost 21-0. We couldn't have scored on them if we had a week to do it!
My guys on the Oline told me that Jaylin Holmes told them if they stopped him, he’d take them all to the Waffle House. Safe to say that they didn’t get a meal that day 😂

Was that the LT team that came up to North Stafford in the playoffs, winning on the ugliest field goal kick of all time? Or was that a different year?

Osbourn was dropped a while back - they showed JacksonReed, DC 3 weeks ago.

Of the other teams, these are the only possibilities...
Fri, 9/16 : 6A Thomas Jefferson S&T (Alexandria)
Fri, 11/4 : 3A Brentsville District (Manassas)

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
George Washington vs. Thomas Jefferson - Battle of the Presidents
Danville vs. Alexandria

Here's hoping GW get to play 10 games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT