ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA/NFL Pick em Week 2 Results and Standings

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Congratulations to -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE- for winning this week's Pick em!

-COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE- 21
Champ Cage 20
BullRun66 19
FoxesPride 19
DinwiddieProud 18
ClarkeFan83 18
DJENKS2015 18
Gunz41 17
m-squared 17
rainman17 16
edwinanderson2nd 16
SFUWO 16
Scalvinscaliwag 15
tylerrossfc10 14
Ampipe_High 14
mike salem 13

-COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE- 33
Champ Cage 30
DinwiddieProud 28
FoxesPride 28
m-squared 27
ClarkeFan83 26
BullRun66 26
DJENKS2015 25
edwinanderson2nd 24
SFUWO 24
tylerrossfc10 23
Gunz41 23
Ampipe_High 22
Scalvinscaliwag 22
mike salem 20
rainman17 16
Hokies57 9
kwhs95fan 8

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Hey Mike, is it too early to bring charges against Country-Club-Joe for proselytizing and various other heinous crimes against humanity?

Since you Mike, are one of the greatest minds ever to pick football games, and he is wearing you and the rest of us out, there has to be something nefarious going on. It’s a lot more severe that the beer and cigars that I regularly send to your address for your…, err…, “brother” to enjoy.

You know how I hate solicitation of favors from those that are in a position of influence.

(Same order as last week?)

• Haha
Hey Mike, is it too early to bring charges against Country-Club-Joe for proselytizing and various other heinous crimes against humanity?

Since you Mike, are one of the greatest minds ever to pick football games, and he is wearing you and the rest of us out, there has to be something nefarious going on. It’s a lot more severe that the beer and cigars that I regularly send to your address for your…, err…, “brother” to enjoy.

You know how I hate solicitation of favors from those that are in a position of influence.

Maybe Country Club Joe has a Cuban connection at the airport?

• Haha
All kidding aside, congratulations Joe.

Please know that I have a long standing tradition of accusing Mike of, shall we just say, accepting gratuities in exchange for double checking his math.

He expects it from me, and I don't like to disappoint. But, let the record show, I’m always near the bottom well before the season wraps up.

This is funny. Mike knows how to pick some tough games for sure! I think you're getting a little carried away though, I'm not wearing anyone out, not that severe 😂.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
When I was younger, a couple of us decided to head to Charlotte to go to the clubs and the mall in Concord. My poor parents, I was not the most well behaved child growing up. We found a strip club that would let us in, even though we were underage. I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it wasn't in the best part of town, and it's a wonder we didn't get into serious trouble. The bouncer charged us double at the door, took our IDs, and told us they knew where we lived if they got busted. So, we had a big time, got little sleep, and I'm sure we were quite hungover before making it back towards Concord Mills.

I don't recall the exact circumstances (I'm sure it had something to do with none of this being well thought-out or planned), but our time was cut short, and I begrudgingly agreed to give a friend a lift back to his place in Roanoke.

I was not well-traveled, again pretty young, and this was before Google maps became popular, but thought I had a general idea of where I was going. However, instead of taking I77 to I81, I decided to just jump on I85 since it was close, and then find my way once I hit VA, not realizing at the time how much farther off course it would take me (this is the part of the story that's at my expense) 😂.

So, barely holding my eyes open, I hit VA, and didn't really recognize the names of any of the towns. My passenger had passed out, and it wasn't until after someone started blowing up his phone (probably his mother), that we decided to FINALLY stop, and try to figure out where we were. You can probably guess...DINWIDDIE, VA. That's the first time I'd ever been to Dinwiddie. Took about three more hours to Roanoke.

Last edited:
LOL, in my day I had similar experiences, though not quite that many miles off. And I’m ashamed to say, alcohol was usually involved.
I guess God was riding copilot for us both, since we didn’t hurt anyone, including ourselves.
I must tell you though, getting lost and turning up in Dinwiddie is a tale I might have kept to myself. Richmond, Va Beach, anywhere but Dinwiddie!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT