ADVERTISEMENT

New Mecklenburg County HS

It will be interesting To see which teams Peidmont
District members will be dropping in non District play I am speculating that GW will drop Nation Ford SC to accommodate Mecklenburg County

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
You may be right MH. Hard to drop traditional rivals like Glass and Amherst. Dinwiddie game never got played this past year. Hard to imagine GW dropping an in state team like them to go to SC.

So they won't play any Piedmont district teams unless they already had them as a non district game? If true, that's big. I think most assumed they would start district play this fall and everyone in current district would have to drop a game to add them.

Rumor is GW may have to travel for every contest next year. Construction due to start this spring on upgrading school and facilities. Won't be completed in time for season. Heard it's still a little up in the air but a good possibility Eagles could be on road for every contest.

The right coach could turn that program around. Bluestone is traditionally just as darn huge as Salem and Franklin County. How the hell they are that bad, has never ever sat well with me. Park View is always good in basketball and has a competitive football team. The right coach with the right culture could turn them into something special. IMO , it’s one of the better jobs in the state.
Nobody really wants to live in that area unless you are homegrown and are a heckuva coach..imo

Rumor is GW may have to travel for every contest next year. Construction due to start this spring on upgrading school and facilities. Won't be completed in time for season. Heard it's still a little up in the air but a good possibility Eagles could be on road for every contest.
Are they remodeling the stadium/track? I hear they are expanding the gym but I haven’t seen a layout yet.

Sorry Bo, don't know for sure. Heard through the grapevine that they may have to travel all season because of construction in and around the stadium. The track was already scheduled to be replaced so that may be part of it. It would be nice to see the fieldhouse and visiting bleachers replaced. Does anyone know if there are any future meetings about these projects that will be open to the public?

Danville deserves a school to be proud of. It’s my prayer that they include the Danville High as well as Langston accolades in the gym. JT Christopher will be one of the prettiest stadiums in the state when it’s completed.

Mecklenburg does not have a schedule yet. They are still in need of at least 1 regular season game for Fall 2022. Possibly more.

So VolNation85, can you confirm earlier schedule question? MC WILL NOT play a Piedmont district schedule this fall?

GW’s new track will be shared with Averrett
The Cougars will run all their Home track meets
There it’s is supposed to be rally nice

I talked to someone last night that said turf was, and still may be, considered. It really makes more sense than keeping the Bermuda. I agree w Bo on less injuries but the track as Mic pointed out is supposed to be really nice. My source tells me it will be synthetic track similar to NC A & T. If true, I doubt the district is going to want mowers and tractors rolling across it on a regular basis. Word because of the stadium's proximity to the river proper drainage is the big issue with respect to turf. Stay tuned.

If Halifax finally gets their act together with building new or renovating, there will be 3 really nice facilities in the Piedmont and along 58.

GW’s stadium just needs a new track and some TLC. One of the best settings in the state overlooking the River and city. The Gym needs to be doubled. Only holds 1500, needs to be at least 3000. I’ve always liked the layout of Franklin County’s gym.

So VolNation85, can you confirm earlier schedule question? MC WILL NOT play a Piedmont district schedule this fall?
I am not sure about their district alignment. I was only told they are looking for at least one regular season game.

GW’s stadium just needs a new track and some TLC. One of the best settings in the state overlooking the River and city. The Gym needs to be doubled. Only holds 1500, needs to be at least 3000. I’ve always liked the layout of Franklin County’s gym.
GW is getting new athletic facilities including a nice track and gym. I think the current GW only holds 1100-1200 since they put in new bleachers.
Sellouts have been an issue at GW going back to the mid 60's.
People used to joke about the FCHS gym being so nice and a real old school building.

I talked to someone last night that said turf was, and still may be, considered. It really makes more sense than keeping the Bermuda. I agree w Bo on less injuries but the track as Mic pointed out is supposed to be really nice. My source tells me it will be synthetic track similar to NC A & T. If true, I doubt the district is going to want mowers and tractors rolling across it on a regular basis. Word because of the stadium's proximity to the river proper drainage is the big issue with respect to turf. Stay tuned.
Pugh spent a lot of money and time on the field. It is spongy from the 25 to the goal from the left hashmark on the home side-ie to the left of the GW bench.

279214753_556007879367078_1457553853649690169_n.jpg

2022 Football Schedule
scrimmages
August 12 - Dan River HS
August 19 - at Chatham HS

August 26 - at Brunswick HS
September 2 - Central of Lunenburg HS

September 9 - Lee HS
September 15 - Halifax County
September 23 - at Weddington HS (NC)
September 30 - Amherst County
October 7 - bye week
October 14 - at Sussex-Central HS
October 21 - Madison County (homecoming)

October 28 - John Marshall HS (Senior Night)
November 4 - Nottoway HS

Last edited:
279214753_556007879367078_1457553853649690169_n.jpg

2022 Football Schedule
scrimmages
August 12 - Dan River HS
August 19 - at Chatham HS

August 26 - at Brunswick HS
September 2 - Central of Lunenburg HS

September 9 - Lee HS
September 15 - Halifax County
September 23 - at Weddington HS (NC)
September 30 - Amherst County
October 7 - bye week
October 14 - at Sussex-Central HS
October 21 - Madison County (homecoming)

October 28 - John Marshall HS (Senior Night)
November 4 - Nottoway HS
Will they be playing 2A ball next year or 4A? That’s a great schedule. Weddington is the early favorite to win 4A in NC.

W: Brunswick, Lee, Sussex Central, Madison, John Marshall
L: Weddington, Nottoway
Toss up: Central Lunenberg, Halifax, Amherst

5-5 to 8-2, I'm guessing. Taking a few leaps with some of the Ls and Toss Ups as I'm unsure what teams like Nottoway, Central-L, and Halifax return but they were solid if not very solid last year so just basing it off that and going with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT