ADVERTISEMENT

New Richlands Head Coach

Gridiron1960

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 23, 2019
Bluefield VA
I read on the SWVA Sports board that Ronnie Davis was named head coach for Richlands. Couldn’t they have saved themselves a lot of headache if they’d hired Davis when it was between him & Thad Wells after Mance retired? You know what they say about hindsight, lol!

Has he ever coached football before? My gut is saying this wont be a good long term hire. But I don't know who the other applicants were

Has he ever coached football before? My gut is saying this wont be a good long term hire. But I don't know who the other applicants were
He’s coached at Richlands under Greg Mance for several years, Virginia High for a short time, & under Tony Palmer at Graham for a year before returning back to Richlands. He was head coach of the Lady Blues softball the year the won state, maybe 3 or 4 years back. He currently head boys’ basketball coach. He’s a lifelong resident of that area.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcticBuc
He is a Richlands guy and has been around some good football programs. He's getting close to retirement, however, so he may be good for a few years. Hopefully, he will be around long enough to get the team moving in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT