ADVERTISEMENT

New Week, New Surprises!

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Last weeks thread is getting so long, let’s start over fresh.

Even though I knew Warhill is stout, I thought Matoaca was was bigger, faster, stronger, and deeper.

Midlo beating Prince George? Ho hum, brand new year, same ole PG. All the talent in the world, but politics ahead of performance.

Windsor winning!!! They don’t win many. Congrats to those kids.

Not a real surprise, because they are turning the program around, but when Colonial Heights not only wins, but shuts out an opponent, that gets your attention.

Your thoughts?

3. Mills Godwin with a blocked kick to win it last night in a REALLY tough atmosphere in Ashland. Earl Kinney! Will have to see how Godwin does in the Colonial but I don’t see why we can’t start talking about Earl Kinney’s group as a dark horse team in 5C.

2. Varina’s offense finally found its first pulse since leaving Williams Stadium in December 2021. @GoBlue2109, if they play like that on offense and defense, I’m betting my money on Varina all day in C4.

1. Henrico had a shot to beat Herm but threw a pick in the red zone to lose 19-14. Don’t know if Herm had some Ocar Smith hangover, but definitely expected them to beat Henrico by a few TDs. Maybe we oversold Herm off that OS showing or undersold the Azalea Ave boyz. Either way, looks like their coach has them going in the right direction and competing.

3. Mills Godwin with a blocked kick to win it last night in a REALLY tough atmosphere in Ashland. Earl Kinney! Will have to see how Godwin does in the Colonial but I don’t see why we can’t start talking about Earl Kinney’s group as a dark horse team in 5C.

2. Varina’s offense finally found its first pulse since leaving Williams Stadium in December 2021. @GoBlue2109, if they play like that on offense and defense, I’m betting my money on Varina all day in C4.

1. Henrico had a shot to beat Herm but threw a pick in the red zone to lose 19-14. Don’t know if Herm had some Ocar Smith hangover, but definitely expected them to beat Henrico by a few TDs. Maybe we oversold Herm off that OS showing or undersold the Azalea Ave boyz. Either way, looks like their coach has them going in the right direction and competing.

I believe the defense will continue to be consistent as they've been the last few years. Offense has to show me before I believe it. Knowing how Freedom plays I'm sure they didn't take their foot off the gas, but I'm not going get too excited about a team gaining yards making a comeback attempt.

Maybe that Herm vs Varina game will be interesting. If VHS can't get over 28 strictly offensive points I think that's a bad sign. I'm sure the defense will keep Herm under 14 easily. Speaking of Herm, I think this game will answer who they really are this year.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hey @BoKnowsSports @Kenneth Harris @Phoebus Fan, @757FridayNiteZ or anyone else from the 757 did anyone find Benedictines pounding of Western Branch surprise you guys. Did Western Branch lose a lot or is Benedictine that good?
No. Western Branch 2022 or 2023 is not the Western Branch of old. They are the same team as Oscar Smith from 2022. 56-0 to Phoebus. Exact same team. Unless 2023 WB recruited in all the top talent in the Eastern Region and is now Hampton from 1996 the Benedictine victory is meaningless. I hope that is not too tough of a take.

No, I appreciate your honesty. Western Branch went deep in the playoffs last year, so I thought the talent was there.

Highland Springs giving up 35 points

Stone Bridge getting beaten as badly as they did, I thought it would be a competitive game

Avon 24 Glenville 16

Armstrong beating Petersburg caught my eye.
PH beating Glass appears to be an upset to me.

I would like to know why the Louisa game took such a change. Did Louisa get complacent and sloppy, or did Courtland find another gear and force the errors?

Armstrong beating Petersburg caught my eye.
PH beating Glass appears to be an upset to me.

I would like to know why the Louisa game took such a change. Did Louisa get complacent and sloppy, or did Courtland find another gear and force the errors?
I was curious about the Louisa game as well. Courtland might be decent this year? LB destruction of Blacksburg was expected, but the score was surely inflated. Ouch! Clarke County waxing King William caught my attention.

I’m surprised the Highland Spring’s game is so close
Very very sloppy game! On one of the Manchester scores, Highland Springs tried to pick up a punt at their own 2 yard line and fumbled it into the end zone, and Manchester fell on it. Ironically Manchester fell on a bad punt snap in the end zone too. The injuries to HSHS are concerning but their depth showed late in the 4th qtr. 2 fantastic QBs did their thing last night

Highland Springs giving up 35 points

Stone Bridge getting beaten as badly as they did, I thought it would be a competitive game

Avon 24 Glenville 16
IMO, I think HS may have some hype behind them. Martin, Henley and Jenkins will be hard to stop this year. Manchester may be just as good on offense, just couldn’t tackle worth a crap last night. @mbonape1 and I were talking about the game and he hit the nail with the hammer, Tom Hall got too conservative last night. Should’ve went for the throat and Manchester would’ve been 1-0.

That was my thought through 3 quarters but honestly his game plan played dividends in the 4th. The middle runs were very effective. Those 3 bad snaps killed Manchester. On the last drive, the HSHS wideout made a great individual play in the flat and took it to the house. However, Manchester has to be kicking themselves bc there were 3 or 4 players that should have made that tackle. I think if we give Manchester a couple of weeks they will have more synergy. We could very well be seeing that matchup again in the playoffs.
IMO, I think HS may have some hype behind them. Martin, Henley and Jenkins will be hard to stop this year. Manchester may be just as good on offense, just couldn’t tackle worth a crap last night. @mbonape1 and I were talking about the game and he hit the nail with the hammer, Tom Hall got too conservative last night. Should’ve went for the throat and Manchester would’ve been 1-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT