ADVERTISEMENT

Region C- Pioneer and MED - Week 2 Predictions

Aug 28, 2023
I was 7/10 last week. Not bad, not bad. Few Surprise games for sure. Should have taken Radford over GW but I really thought GW was going to be super strong this year. PM beat Rockbridge, back of my mind I knew that. PM still has play makers. I really didn't think Craig would whoop Bland like that. Likely ending their season, crazy- especially to have Craig Co. do that......wow.

Grayson Co. @ Carrol Co. - Taking Carroll here. They start 2-0. Grayson didn't look to impressive in week 1.

Graham@ Galax- Galax starts the season off 0-2. Graham lays the wood to them. Too much for Galax. Galax starts barking for Dixon to return to the sideline.

Auburn @ Craig- Moved to week 3 for field at CC not ready. I will have to pick this one next week. - yardage allowed for Craig after week 1. Auburn has tall, skill kids- more out than normal for the team. Craigs history speaks enough volume. They don't start 2-0. Eagles fly into New Castle and butcher the new grassy playground.

GW- Bye week then at Graham- Graham still wins :)

Giles @ Radford- Tough 1 here. But I am going Radford. Too much firepower to try to control, ask GW Giles. Giles running a weird style Single Wing*? Hard to defend- but Radford has the speed and power to match it. Radford 42-22

Floyd @ Fort Chiswell- Floyd is still banged up from CBurg. Fort continues 2-0 making the MED that much stronger.

Rural Retreat @ East Mont- RR by 28 easy. East Mont is in rebuilding year 25 right now. QB is the only 1/2 decent athlete I see on the field.

Page County @ Bath Co.- Baths NIL deals have revenge from last year? Coach pull any Covington talent in. We shall see. I still think Page Co. outlast the Chargers. Page 28-6. QB looked good against I think it was Mountain view last week.

Cumberland @ Parry McClure- Cumberland loses big. PM's rec league coach starts 2-0. WOW! Your luck ends soon enough. Just not this week against a bad cumberland team. PM wins large again 38-12

Narrows @ Holston- Holston put a kicking on Ol east mont last week. I believe it continues. Pruett is enough to beat a bad Auburn team, but he can't do it alone. Holston wins 35-26

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
Doubt Fort beats Floyd. If what I hear is correct,
Fort's 2 TDs last week against RR were both on KO returns. If their offense couldn't score on RR, don't think they'll have much luck against Floyd. Hearing Giles starting TB is out for the Radford game. Too bad. Giles new look single-wing was impressive last week. Can a sophomore TB keep up that "MO"?

Last edited:
I think you’re right about Craig next week. Their kids are probably feeling satisfied with winning one game since that’s been the season goal for so long. Doubt they have what it takes to hang with Auburn. I think Narrows walks the dog on Holston.

The Giles/Radford prediction is almost identical to mine. I predicted 45-21.
For Narz/Holston I do believe Pruett will be enough. I just don’t think Holston has the athletes on defense to keep him in check. It’s gonna take at least 2 on him at all times. I say Narz 35-21

Galax isn't going to be hollering for Dixon to return, coach Allen has done a great job there and has a young team this year. Even if Dixon was still there they would be outmatched by Graham Galax has super tough schedule and if Coach Allen can get them to stick together they might make some noise later in the year.

The Giles/Radford prediction is almost identical to mine. I predicted 45-21.
For Narz/Holston I do believe Pruett will be enough. I just don’t think Holston has the athletes on defense to keep him in check. It’s gonna take at least 2 on him at all times. I say Narz 35-21
To beat Narz, you don't kick or punt to Pruitt. You bring heat on the QB every play so he has no time to find Pruitt.

To beat Narz, you don't kick or punt to Pruitt. You bring heat on the QB every play so he has no time to find Pruitt.
That’s what Giles done last year when we had to worry about Pruett and Crigger. QB got hit probably 90% of the plays.

Doubt Fort beats Floyd. If what I hear is correct,

Fort's 2 TDs last week against RR were both on KO returns. If their offense couldn't score on RR, don't think they'll have much luck against Floyd. Hearing Giles starting TB is out for the Radford game. Too bad. Giles new look single-wing was impressive last week. Can a sophomore TB keep up that "MO"?
opening kickoff was returned after returner fumbled it to a different returner....2ND touchdown was a long run by #34.

I was 7/10 last week. Not bad, not bad. Few Surprise games for sure. Should have taken Radford over GW but I really thought GW was going to be super strong this year. PM beat Rockbridge, back of my mind I knew that. PM still has play makers. I really didn't think Craig would whoop Bland like that. Likely ending their season, crazy- especially to have Craig Co. do that......wow.

Grayson Co. @ Carrol Co. - Taking Carroll here. They start 2-0. Grayson didn't look to impressive in week 1.

Graham@ Galax- Galax starts the season off 0-2. Graham lays the wood to them. Too much for Galax. Galax starts barking for Dixon to return to the sideline.

Auburn @ Craig- Moved to week 3 for field at CC not ready. I will have to pick this one next week. - yardage allowed for Craig after week 1. Auburn has tall, skill kids- more out than normal for the team. Craigs history speaks enough volume. They don't start 2-0. Eagles fly into New Castle and butcher the new grassy playground.

GW- Bye week then at Graham- Graham still wins :)

Giles @ Radford- Tough 1 here. But I am going Radford. Too much firepower to try to control, ask GW Giles. Giles running a weird style Single Wing*? Hard to defend- but Radford has the speed and power to match it. Radford 42-22

Floyd @ Fort Chiswell- Floyd is still banged up from CBurg. Fort continues 2-0 making the MED that much stronger.

Rural Retreat @ East Mont- RR by 28 easy. East Mont is in rebuilding year 25 right now. QB is the only 1/2 decent athlete I see on the field.

Page County @ Bath Co.- Baths NIL deals have revenge from last year? Coach pull any Covington talent in. We shall see. I still think Page Co. outlast the Chargers. Page 28-6. QB looked good against I think it was Mountain view last week.

Cumberland @ Parry McClure- Cumberland loses big. PM's rec league coach starts 2-0. WOW! Your luck ends soon enough. Just not this week against a bad cumberland team. PM wins large again 38-12

Narrows @ Holston- Holston put a kicking on Ol east mont last week. I believe it continues. Pruett is enough to beat a bad Auburn team, but he can't do it alone. Holston wins 35-26
I think it's worth noting that Coach Brockenbrough at PM has spent quite a few years on the staff and did a fine job. Can't speak for the last couple of seasons but it's not like he comes in with zero experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT