ADVERTISEMENT

Region C- Pioneer and Mountain Empire 1st week

Aug 24, 2023
Comment on what you'll think, here is mine after following all the teams so far this year as a Region C Fan.

Narrows at Auburn- Pruett is a Stud, but can Coach Kelly handle only having one stud? Crigger is done. Narrows comes to an end in a year. Time to join with Giles. Not much else. But they Crush a weak Auburn team that has 300 plus kids in the system and hardly any to come out for football.... Narrows Wins. 42-6

Blacksburg at Giles- Virginian Leader and the Single's Wing Finest! Blacksburg loses to a smaller school in week one. Single Wing has been the Giles roots for decades. Nice backfield from what I seen so far. Don't count them out a top the Mountain Empire. Giles wins 28-8.

Craig Co. at Bland Co- Reading both local papers.... Bland has kids to fill a team. Looks like the wing t offense with some size up front. New Coach? Rebuilding the program by not playing the strong district schedule. Might just be a successful season for the Bears near Bluefield! Craig returns Hometown hero for the 3rd season, Former Coach Dixon Staff running the defense this year. Fisher brings in Dowdy to keep the program alive for the future. New Field, New weights, big things in small town the local paper there is all football! Community buying in? 2/3 seniors is it. Kids going to pay attention to new greater things? I Don't think so. Don't have the numbers in Craig or the athletes. Patriot Co. Demolished them in the scrimmage. Craig is down again. 35-6 Bland Co. Bears start strong.

Bath Co. at Mountain View- Not much on mountain view, just internet history. Bath seems to be the favorite for the pioneer for me so far. NIL deals in high school now? Did Coach Phillips invest in his brother's stash and recover some of the old Covington boys? Bath looks good- Great Q, which is expected under Phillips. Mountain view seems weak. Bath wins large 48-12

Fort Chiswell at Rural Retreat- FC recovery year? Still a ways away I believe. The G teams are tough once again. Good Luck FC in the Mountain Empire. Weak line, decent receivers. But they manage for a week 1 win against RR. Size Matters! 28-7 FC.

Galax at Glenvar- Studs of the Region C Galax take on Appomattox's chew toys, LOL! I feel bad for Coach Clifford losing as much as he has against Appomattox. Glenvar would have had a few state rings if they didn't meet their nemesis year after year. Galax is definitely a stud of a team this year. Prob. my favorite for the Mountain Empire, but Glenvar has a great Q and big up front. I think Glenvar gets them.
35-21 Glenvar.

Grayson Co. at Allegany (Sparta, N.C.)- I am a region C fan mostly. Not much Knowledge about Sparta, NC. But Grayson is back after a great season last year. Stud Defense will shine again this year. Defense should lift them to a win and let the backs and receivers eat. Grayson Wins 26-14

Rockbridge Co. at Parry McCluer- Who owns Lexington? This year it's got to be Rockbridge. PM hired a Rec league Coach. Talking to former Blues fans, they aren't excited for this hire. Too much talent to decide here is what I am being told just to settle. They lost a lot in Snider out of the backfield and defense, big kid. PM should dominate the Pioneer every year with the amount of kids they have compared to the other district members. Is it time to move PM to Mountain empire? compete with the bigger dogs? Rockbridge says NO. They win 36-8.

Eastern Montgomery at Holston- Holston wins large. East Mont is a nightmare right now, cancelling benefit game. Numbers are the struggle for them. Craig Co from 22' season? What it looks like I am reading again. Kids must be going to Glenvar to be on a winning team. Traditions at east mont aren't the same anymore. Reading the paper, talking to parents and fans, frustrated. QB was a head case last year to watch. Can Coach Stewart pull something out of his hat? Last year going to the Straight T offense from his high school coaches...seemed to be successful. I don't think so after reading and following this group. They will scrap bottom of the barrel in the pioneer. Holston Wins 35-6

George Wythe at Radford- I aint touching this ONE! LOL! Both are great! Friday football extra game of the week!

Last edited:
Heard Auburn looked pretty decent in a benefit game last week at Holston. Lost 13-7 I heard. May give Narrows a bit more of a game than your pick. Not predicting an upset, just think for week one, it might be kinda close.

Reactions: SingleAfan2008
Looks like Bath decided to help themselves to some cupcakes all year to boost his ego and ensure he makes the playoffs. I think Craig is going to be better than expected this year, but we shall see. Probably week to week with them based on injuries- seems like an annual tradition of injury.

Looks like Bath decided to help themselves to some cupcakes all year to boost his ego and ensure he makes the playoffs. I think Craig is going to be better than expected this year, but we shall see. Probably week to week with them based on injuries- seems like an annual tradition of injury.
Maybe Bath is trying to copy the Narrows play book. Play the weakest schedule you can get. Post a good enough regular season record to not only make the playoffs, but most likely even get a first round home game.

From what I’ve seen out of Galax so far, the have a good returning running back in Tucker(I think is his last name) and Ashworth. I know some Galax fans say this season is the start to a downward spiral but they will be competitive in just about every game they’re in, especially against Glenvar as it’s usually always a hell of a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT