ADVERTISEMENT

Next Season

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Let's hear some discussion about next season. Obviously Riverheads and Lunenburg move up to 2A and I think that opens up Region B and I think Sussex and Buffalo Gap are probably the two teams that benefit the most from that. In Region A, it always starts with Essex, but they were so senior dependent this year and have to replace a ton. There's never a lack of talent there, but how will they be able to replace guys like Kam Robinson and Dorian Harris. King and Queen loses a senior class that gave them an amazing 4 year run. But they also have a good sophomore class led by Jadyn Nelson, Mekhi Dabney and Ethan Pate and return 3 linemen with starting experience. Another team that might be under the radar is West Point. They were fairly young this year and had tons of injuries including to top RB Elijah Adkins. I think they'll be in the mix and could surprise. Region C has to start with GW and they might be my early favorite to win it all, especially with Smith returning at QB. But Galax and Grayson will be in the mix and sooner or later Giles will put it together as well. Out in Region D, I know very little about who returns what.

Feel free to chime in with your opinions on next season as I'm already ready for next season to get here

Let's hear some discussion about next season. Obviously Riverheads and Lunenburg move up to 2A and I think that opens up Region B and I think Sussex and Buffalo Gap are probably the two teams that benefit the most from that. In Region A, it always starts with Essex, but they were so senior dependent this year and have to replace a ton. There's never a lack of talent there, but how will they be able to replace guys like Kam Robinson and Dorian Harris. King and Queen loses a senior class that gave them an amazing 4 year run. But they also have a good sophomore class led by Jadyn Nelson, Mekhi Dabney and Ethan Pate and return 3 linemen with starting experience. Another team that might be under the radar is West Point. They were fairly young this year and had tons of injuries including to top RB Elijah Adkins. I think they'll be in the mix and could surprise. Region C has to start with GW and they might be my early favorite to win it all, especially with Smith returning at QB. But Galax and Grayson will be in the mix and sooner or later Giles will put it together as well. Out in Region D, I know very little about who returns what.

Feel free to chime in with your opinions on next season as I'm already ready for next season to get here
My $ is on Sussex next year, I dont think they had a single senior on the team. They played RH extremely tough for a majority of the game. They used that 3 yds and a cloud of dust offense on that first drive and ate up close to 10 min of the 1st quarter. Thats the formula to beat RH, kind of beat them at their own game which is exactly what LB did also. If Sussex continues with that offense next year and the defense gets some stops I think they will be hard to beat. Sadly we wont be playing them anymore but looking forward to the challenge that 2A awaits.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Keep an eye out for Bryan Roane from Essex who played linebacker this year. Could definitely see him being a threat on the offensive side to replace Harris.

GW has some talent returning but they are also losing some key players from this year's team but they're still in position to make another run. Grayson is returning a lot of talent and very possibly might make their first trip to Salem next year. Galax has to replace some very good players but still has some talent coming back and if they can get it figured out in the first half of the season they may surprise some people come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT