ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Leftwich takes the HC job @ William Fleming

I know that Fleming is C5, but this seems like a lateral move. While WF was in the state semis recently, my opinion is that CS has a better chance of at least getting to a state title game in C3. Northside has won two and LB has appeared in three.

I would've suggested that Leftwich keep building up Cave Spring and go for the Salem job when Holter retires, which shouldn't be too many years from now.

I know that Fleming is C5, but this seems like a lateral move. While WF was in the state semis recently, my opinion is that CS has a better chance of at least getting to a state title game in C3. Northside has won two and LB has appeared in three.

I would've suggested that Leftwich keep building up Cave Spring and go for the Salem job when Holter retires, which shouldn't be too many years from now.

Nick is awful young for Salem imo. I do think he's ultimately angling for it, not sure he'll get it just yet. All going to depend on how long Holter is around, if he retires in a few years I think they'll go with a more experienced coach, if he's around until say, end of the decade then I think Nick might be the pick.

Leftwich is in his early 30s, which is older than Magenbauer when he took over. However, I agree that he wouldn't be the lead candidate if the Salem job came open today. If Holter stays another 5-10 years, Leftwich's age and experience by then should line up pretty well. I just think there's a little more downside risk to WF than staying at CS would've presented.

Leftwich is in his early 30s, which is older than Magenbauer when he took over. However, I agree that he wouldn't be the lead candidate if the Salem job came open today. If Holter stays another 5-10 years, Leftwich's age and experience by then should line up pretty well. I just think there's a little more downside risk to WF than staying at CS would've presented.

Yea, but remains to be seen if he's Mags or not. Mags left with 5 titles and a (future) place in the VHSL HoF.

Ultimately, if he's angling for the Salem job then where he goes between now and then is of less relevance. Mags didn't really light the world on fire before he came to Salem (I'm not sure he ever reached the playoffs at Glenvar or HV). I think most can look at certain coaches and see if they're a Salem guy or not, their prior record is of little meaning provided the wheels didn't completely fall off anywhere. Also the reason why if you're not a Salem guy it doesn't matter if you've got wins and rings at your prior stops. There's a way things are done here, if you're coming to rock the boat you won't be welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT