ADVERTISEMENT

NND and Tidwater soccer action tonight

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Rappahannock unleashed their anger from their loss to Northumberland Monday night on Essex - 9-0 slaughter rule.

I saw the 1st half - Rapp played magnificent team ball with perfect passing into space and timed runs etc. Felt sorry for the Essex keep (he held on though admirably but it was only a matter of time), under constant pressure like 22-2 shots just the 1st half, 90 percent possession.

Rapp's senior star Rhett Hillman was a beast (wasn't he the NND POY like three years ago!)- the dude has skill and field vision indeed (hat trick). The kid is smart - heading to the Ivy League. Freshman Jerry Fisher had the hat trick too. I remember that kid from YMCA soccer - you knew he would be awesome when he got to high school.

Rapp JV won 5-1

Northumberland and W&L battled to a 1-1 tie - no score in OT! What a battle.

Excellent coaching jobs by both - W&L had a rough year last year and is playing great ball.

Both teams remain undefeated in the NND as of now.

NHS had the lead at the half 1-0. W&L got the equalizer about 15 min into the 2nd half.

Sophomore Bay Wiggins scores for NHS. Not sure yet for W&L.

I will add some scores as I hear them or please post.

Also, big Girls Soccer battled tonight - Northumberland at W&L (two of the best teams in the state). Have not heard score yet.

Wnl 2 Northumberland 0

Thanks.

Congrats to W&L. Very impressive win. Well done. Game was at W&L. 1st time NHS was shutout or even close.

NHS and W&L are each others biggest rivals in girls soccer.

While no one likes lose and I am sure the girls at NHS are very disappointed in the result, these types of losses are often blessings in disguise if used correctly as learning, motivation and refocusing tool.

NHS girls were 7-0, having outscored 1A and 2A teams 38-5 (most goals allowed by NHS near the end). State championship talk was in the air. Wake up call.

Some of the Tidewater teams

West Point is undefeated at 4-0-2

WP just beat Middlesex 3-1, recently tied Mathews

Middlesex is on a three game losing streak, lost to Mathews recently 1-3

Mathews 4-4 (just beat Carver 7-1)

It looks like the top 3 rated teams right now are
#1 West Point
# 2 Rappahannock
# 3 Northumberland

WP and Rapp play soon...

Some of the Tidewater teams

West Point is undefeated at 4-0-2

WP just beat Middlesex 3-1, recently tied Mathews

Middlesex is on a three game losing streak, lost to Mathews recently 1-3

Mathews 4-4 (just beat Carver 7-1)

It looks like the top 3 rated teams right now are
#1 West Point
# 2 Rappahannock
# 3 Northumberland

WP and Rapp play soon...
The West Point and Mathews game was 2-2 with ten min left in the game and lightning struck so they put the game on pause, When West Point plays Mathews again they will finish that game, have a break then play a full game against them so right now they are 4-0-1

Mathews has been battling the injury bug lately from what I heard and playing a tough schedule this season (Rapp twice, Poquoson, Tabb, Northumberland, Northampton). They're starting to finally get healthy. Playing some of these tough games though can help this team grow come tournament time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT