ADVERTISEMENT

No football at Manassas Park (again)!

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
https://twitter.com/InsideNoVA
S9QAohmk

Due to small participation numbers, Manassas Park High School will not field a football program on any level this fall.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Perhaps a co-op team? I don't know if any sports allow co-ops here in Virginia but why not football if co-ops are allowed? I am originally from CT and I know they do have co-op teams in multiple sports for the schools struggling with numbers.

Why did they start playing a district schedule again? Playoffs are not a concern for programs on the verge of folding, you're more likely to keep the program alive if you are scheduling competitive games.

I agree that they should let the kids play at one of the nearby schools, though I suspect that part of the issue is that MP kids who are serious about football already find a way to go to a Prince William school.

Why did they start playing a district schedule again? Playoffs are not a concern for programs on the verge of folding, you're more likely to keep the program alive if you are scheduling competitive games.

I agree that they should let the kids play at one of the nearby schools, though I suspect that part of the issue is that MP kids who are serious about football already find a way to go to a Prince William school.
Demographics. I seem to remember reading a comment that pointed to the growing Hispanic community in MP, and they are more into soccer than football.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT