ADVERTISEMENT

No one talks about Class 3

DMVmonster

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2024
I see no one talks about class 3 football even the guys that make up the polls... is really only about class 4 and 5 in cent. 804 and HSHS other than that some of these guys can really play but because they are in class 3 they get looked over a lot.

Reactions: TJVikings804
I see no one talks about class 3 football even the guys that make up the polls... is really only about class 4 and 5 in cent. 804 and HSHS other than that some of these guys can really play but because they are in class 3 they get looked over a lot.
@DMVmonster no one shuns Class 3 teams or believes they can't play. The realization is there are very few posters from teams in Class 3. Hopewell has @10iceiceice Lafayette has @Lafayette and there was/are a few guys from Magna Vista and that's about it. There was a poster who supported Kettle Run, but I can't remember his name.
@BoKnowsSports @DinwiddieProud @RKE Fan and several other guys from the Roanoke Valley frequently talk about Class 3 teams on the Class IV board. No disrespect, but it's not the fans of other classes to keep the class 3 board alive. The Class 4,1, and 2 boards have always been the most active. Simply put they just have the most posters. If you want to start discussions, post and start threads. People will comment.

I agree bro, most of the other classes are talked about but only a few conversations about C3. Most of C3 teams have played a game except Hopewell which plays Friday, so maybe once the season gets into full swing there will be more talk. TJ, Armstrong, Hopewell, Petersburg, Colonial Heights are the only C3 teams in the Richmond metro area . Looks like TJ, HOPEWELL ARMSTRONG are regional contender possibly state playoff contender. Petersburg and Colonial Heights should be playoff teams as well. C3 teams from the 757 not sure about, LAFAYETTE is also tough and is a regional and state contender. LAKE TAYLOR, I.C NORCOM, TABB, HERITAGE, YORK and LAKELAND are teams that can be playoff teams.

@DMVmonster no one shuns Class 3 teams or believes they can't play. The realization is there are very few posters from teams in Class 3. Hopewell has @10iceiceice Lafayette has @Lafayette and there was/are a few guys from Magna Vista and that's about it. There was a poster who supported Kettle Run, but I can't remember his name.
@BoKnowsSports @DinwiddieProud @RKE Fan and several other guys from the Roanoke Valley frequently talk about Class 3 teams on the Class IV board. No disrespect, but it's not the fans of other classes to keep the class 3 board alive. The Class 4,1, and 2 boards have always been the most active. Simply put they just have the most posters. If you want to start discussions, post and start threads. People will comment.
I agree with this also.

I agree bro, most of the other classes are talked about but only a few conversations about C3. Most of C3 teams have played a game except Hopewell which plays Friday, so maybe once the season gets into full swing there will be more talk. TJ, Armstrong, Hopewell, Petersburg, Colonial Heights are the only C3 teams in the Richmond metro area . Looks like TJ, HOPEWELL ARMSTRONG are regional contender possibly state playoff contender. Petersburg and Colonial Heights should be playoff teams as well. C3 teams from the 757 not sure about, LAFAYETTE is also tough and is a regional and state contender. LAKE TAYLOR, I.C NORCOM, TABB, HERITAGE, YORK and LAKELAND are teams that can be playoff teams.
C3 fans posted your comments about the season and teams. What's your take.

Definitely understand that this makes alot of sense

LOL, I wish more folks from all classes would post. I’ll admit I don’t know as much about the teams away from the greater Richmond area and Tidewater, but I do keep up with who is playing good, and who is not. Other than a few folks in my immediate football group, when I say something about a game, say out in Southwest VA like Chilhowie or Honaker, people look at me like I’ve got three heads.

Bleeding Navy will tell you, he and I will go to a game almost anywhere, and at any Class level, when Dinwiddie is not playing. We have been to several Hopewell games on Dinwiddie’s by week. We went down and saw Magna Vista and Phoebus a few years ago. We have been to Appomattox and Rustburg. I can’t remember all the places. We’ve put a lot of miles on our vehicles over the years chasing good football. And if we both ever retire, we will go even more.

Here is a tip for everyone that loves high school football. Get in somebody’s pick-em pool. You find yourself researching teams so you will know who to pick, and in doing so, you learn a ton.

LOL, I wish more folks from all classes would post. I’ll admit I don’t know as much about the teams away from the greater Richmond area and Tidewater, but I do keep up with who is playing good, and who is not. Other than a few folks in my immediate football group, when I say something about a game, say out in Southwest VA like Chilhowie or Honaker, people look at me like I’ve got three heads.

Bleeding Navy will tell you, he and I will go to a game almost anywhere, and at any Class level, when Dinwiddie is not playing. We have been to several Hopewell games on Dinwiddie’s by week. We went down and saw Magna Vista and Phoebus a few years ago. We have been to Appomattox and Rustburg. I can’t remember all the places. We’ve put a lot of miles on our vehicles over the years chasing good football. And if we both ever retire, we will go even more.

Here is a tip for everyone that loves high school football. Get in somebody’s pick-em pool. You find yourself researching teams so you will know who to pick, and in doing so, you learn a ton.
Thats pretty dope.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
@Ech8014 he is correct about us traveling football games everywhere. @DinwiddieProud forgot to mention since 2013 we have visited Handley vs. Sherando, Lynchburg City Stadium, Salem Stadium, James Monroe, Monacan, Huguenot, Manchester, Powhatan, Lake Taylor, Norcom, Lafayette/Jamestown, GW Danville, Massaponnax, PH-Ashland, Hanover, Atlee, Highland Springs, Green Run, Smithfield, Eastern View, Phoebus vs. Magna Vista in Hampton, Denbigh, North Stafford, Heritage-Lynchburg, Amelia, Botetourt, VA Beach Sports Complex and King George to name a few. Last year I also saw games at PH-Roanoke and William Fleming. I have Louisa, Bluefield, and Parry McCluer on my bucket list. I like old stadiums like Hopewell, so two of the above for the bill. if you want to see a beautiful place to see a football game visit Handley. Unbelievable setting.

C3 fans posted your comments about the season and teams. What's your take.
I was able to see Kettle Run vs Liberty last week as my Falcons had a week one bye. Kettle Run dominated but didn't look as sharp as they have been in the past. They turned it over a few times but all were self-inflicted. All-in-all it was a 39-7 victory that probably should have been 56-0. Kettle Run's defense was suffocating with the only points for Liberty coming off the back of a massive gain due to a missed sack/broken play. Kettle Run plays Handley which will be a good measure for them. If they pull that one out it will be tough to see a loss on the schedule until deep into the playoffs. Liberty is going to have trouble in 4a. Best chance for my Falcons to finally win an official bird bowl under a new staff this weekend.

Brentsville is not the same as they have been. They were dismantled by Sherando 42-0 and it was 35-0 at halftime. Maybe they aren't as bad as that showing or maybe Sherando is going to make some noise in 4a. Maybe both. But either way, Brentsville is not a contender for 3a this year at all. They are another team that has tormented my Falcons that now I have some hope we can vanquish.

That region probably only has 3 real contenders in TJ, Kettle Run, and Armstrong. Is James Monroe going to be better? I also saw that Goochland got beat pretty easily.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I really want to see if Brentsville got bad, or Sherando got really good. That was the biggest shock score from week 1. Not that Sherando won, but that it was a blowout.

Colonial Heights will not be a playoff team if they think rotating 3 quarterbacks is the answer! Heck they might not when a game with that game plan!!

Last edited:
Colonial Heights will not be a playoff team if they think rotating 3 quarterbacks is the answer! Heck they might not when a game with game plan!!
I am a Central District fan, so this loss shocked me. I had so much hope for the Colonials after last seasons break through. Disappointed is an understatement. If they don't tighten up the defense they will go back to their winless ways in the district. Let's go Colonials bounce back this week!

I thought Colonial Heights had a solid quarterback from last year. Or did he graduate. But I agree at this point teams should've there starting quarterback at this point. Good luck the schedule doesn't get any easier.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Dinwiddie will need to make some adjustments on defense, that is a fact. But the talent is there on that side of the ball. The offense is close to mid season form. Everyone talks about Harry Daulton, but the truth is there are several other offensive weapons that are impactful on their own. Harry’s presence on the field only enhances their effectiveness. Dinwiddie put up 55 points against a good team.

GW is perhaps a special team. Dinwiddie didn’t beat a slouch of a team by any means. GW may well win the rest of their regular season games. Their linemen are big and physical and if the team doesn’t give up too many points from mistakes, they will win the war in the trenches and will be able to put away most every opponent in the 4th quarter.

too early to get frustrated Dude.
BTW: I have talked about TJ and Armstrong a little.
it is just 9/6.

In C3 tonight Petersburg plays Armstrong this is a intriguing game to me, Hopewell opens up on the road at Mecklenburg County it'll be interesting to see how Hopewell does, lots of talent at quarterback, running back and receives. But alot of young players. and can Colonial Heights get on track after a loss to Southampton.

TEE JAY IS LEGIT. I got a lot of stock in those guys. Would’ve liked to have seen them play Varina or Huguenot. I think they deserve a seat at the contender table.

I'm impressed with TJ, I believe they'll be a contender in the C3 region with a chance to make it to the championship game, time will tell.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I talked Lafayette when there is something to say. But the games have been blowouts so far. Warhill, Lafayettes main competition in the Bay River lost 20 of 22 starters this year. Once we get close to playoffs the talking in Class 3 usually starts.

Hopewell lost to Mecklenburg County 20-14, not sure why there best receive cook didn't play but it showed.

FWIW the only C3 team we have down this way is Abingdon (by far the largest school on in the area). They shocked Christiansburg tonight up at C'burg.

For the most part they feast on the smaller schools they play. Might get a good game out of Union or Ridgeview, very rarely Marion.

They get a 4-6 seed in the region...then get knocked off by one of C3 boys at C'burg or LB.

LCA then what? Another school will have to prove that they can play at that level, then there will be something to talk about.

Well you said it yourself it's class 3. Most people want to live, breathe, and discuss first class football, not 3rd class football.

I was able to see Kettle Run vs Liberty last week as my Falcons had a week one bye. Kettle Run dominated but didn't look as sharp as they have been in the past. They turned it over a few times but all were self-inflicted. All-in-all it was a 39-7 victory that probably should have been 56-0. Kettle Run's defense was suffocating with the only points for Liberty coming off the back of a massive gain due to a missed sack/broken play. Kettle Run plays Handley which will be a good measure for them. If they pull that one out it will be tough to see a loss on the schedule until deep into the playoffs. Liberty is going to have trouble in 4a. Best chance for my Falcons to finally win an official bird bowl under a new staff this weekend.

Brentsville is not the same as they have been. They were dismantled by Sherando 42-0 and it was 35-0 at halftime. Maybe they aren't as bad as that showing or maybe Sherando is going to make some noise in 4a. Maybe both. But either way, Brentsville is not a contender for 3a this year at all. They are another team that has tormented my Falcons that now I have some hope we can vanquish.

That region probably only has 3 real contenders in TJ, Kettle Run, and Armstrong. Is James Monroe going to be better? I also saw that Goochland got beat pretty easily.
Updated after week 2:

My Falcons won the Bird Bowl 35-14. Simply put they were way more fired up to play and Liberty couldn't do much after their opening drive. It was a fun night and looking at the schedule it looks like my Falcons might be in line to win 7 games and maybe host a playoff game!

Brentsville lost to James Wood. Not good. They will start 0-4 with Millbrook and Handley for their next 2.

Kettle Run and Handley this week is a massive one. Will say a lot about both teams ceilings in 2024.

The specifics are that I was joking. The joke was "Class 3" and "Third Class." I love VHSL Class 1 through 6 football. Lighten up folks it was a joke.
Phew..... I know how much you love the game, thought someone got a hold of your keyboard. lol Class 3 is the middle child so, we know we can be overlooked sometimes.

Hopewell lost to Mecklenburg County 20-14, not sure why there best receive cook didn't play but it showed.
Hopewell definitely shot themselves over and over with turnovers caused by them they had 6 fumbled balls 4of which were caused by themselves... QB TATUM looked awesome when they were able to get him on the field threw a 50 yd pass on the run that a kid ended up fumbling that would have gave them the lead

Phew..... I know how much you love the game, thought someone got a hold of your keyboard. lol Class 3 is the middle child so, we know we can be overlooked sometimes.
I agree with you Ech8014 and me being serious in that I'm often surprised there isn't more talk about Virginia's Class 3. Tell you a team that is pretty tough. Abingdon out west is sneaky good. They've been down the last couple of years, but they have bounced back it appears. Winning over Christiansburg was a nice win for the Falcons. It will be interesting to see how they do in their district against the likes of Class 2 powerhouse Union.

I agree with you Ech8014 and me being serious in that I'm often surprised there isn't more talk about Virginia's Class 3. Tell you a team that is pretty tough. Abingdon out west is sneaky good. They've been down the last couple of years, but they have bounced back it appears. Winning over Christiansburg was a nice win for the Falcons. It will be interesting to see how they do in their district against the likes of Class 2 powerhouse Union.
Union blew somebody out this week, didn’t they?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT