ADVERTISEMENT

North Stafford vs. Dinwiddie

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Dinwiddie blocks a punt. Slade recovers. Dinwiddie misses a 35 yard field goal. 0-0.

Dinwiddie finally gets on the board. Dalton from 1 yard out. 7-0 Dinwiddie.

The Dinwiddie defense has forced five punts while the offense has struggles with drop passes and penalties. Forty five yard touchdown pass Dalton to Adams. 14-0 Dinwiddie.

North Stafford on the board before the half on a 35 yard catch and run touchdown. 14-7 Dinwiddie.

North Stafford comes out of the locker room and scores on a 60 yard run. Point after no good. 14-13 Dinwiddie.

Another busted play and poor Dinwiddie coverage that results in a North Stafford touchdown pass. Haven't seen Dinwiddie play this poorly in years. I give credit to North Stafford though they have some talented wideouts. Two point conversion no good. 21-19.

What on earth?? NS is NOT supposed to be decent this year…

Another athletic in the grasp heave for a long North Stafford TD. 35-25 Dinwiddie.

I have to be real. A win is a win, but what I witnessed tonight was a lackluster performance from the Generals. Yes, North Stafford packed the box and defended the run well; however, Dinwiddie penalties, missed assignments, poor tackling and a very bland offense with no tempo ruled the day. The Generals have two weeks to get it right or its going to be a long night Norfolk, Virginia. Dinwiddie 35 North Stafford 25.

Dinwiddie They'll make adjustments, but I just watched Phoebus domination of Highland Springs 24-7 and Phoebus look like the real deal. Highland springs 1 first down in four quarters.

They play absolutely horrible
You are being kind. I know they have been coached up, but I can't put my finger on it. The defense wasn't getting blown off the ball it simply looked like over pursuit and the lbs not staying at home at times. On three occasions the North Stafford qb threw the ball up while in the grasp and the receivers made plays. Offensively, the Generals just didn't execute and the running backs seemed like they were running on ice. I liked North Staffords defensive scheme in the first half. If the Dinwiddie receivers had caught several well thrown balls I may not be griping right now. A ton of work to do, but I have faith in our leadership.

Hats off to:

1st, N Stafford. They came to play. They had a good game plan and executed it. They have talent all through their ranks. That QB can chunk it 60 yards with no problem. The coaching was solid. There was no quit in their players. The change and improvement from last year’s 0-10 team was blatantly obvious.

2nd, Dinwiddie. They just didn’t execute well on either side of the ball in the first half. But, they made adjustments after the break and slowly but successfully pulled ahead and built a safe lead. N. Stafford played just as hard in the second half as they did in the first. Dinwiddie just elevated their play enough to take control, find a way, and win. The Generals didn’t get down, did’t get in a desperation mode, they just continued to give their best and it payed off with the win over a good Wolverine squad.

I had the opportunity to interact briefly with N. Stanford’s Head Coach Hall and several other members of their coaching staff. They were a class act all. Polite, considerate, appreciative, and professional. They represent their program well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT