ADVERTISEMENT

Not football related, sorry for the personal nature of this post

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I know this isn't football related, so I apologize for the personal nature of this post.

I need prayers. My ex is looking to buy a house. I talked to my son about staying here when Monica and my daughter move. He said he wants to get out of Salem. I can't live on my own, idk what I'm going to do. I want to stay in Salem, but I can't on my own. If nothing changes I would have to move to Lynchburg sometime in the new year. I'm grateful for a place to go besides an assisted living facility (I wouldn't likely qualify for because I need more help and can't afford because I don't currently qualify for Medicaid) or even worse a NH where I couldn't leave without being signed out by an adult. I'm scared and at my wits end. Please pray for me and for wisdom.

Thank you
Your friend, Mike

Last edited:
Mike, first of all, YOU are football for all of us. But please know we love and respect you for who you are, not what you do.

There is not one among us that doesn't hope and pray for you. We may not physically be beside you, but we are there with you constantly. You are never alone in this battle. We are all just as much a team as any football team has ever been. You are our Captain, our leader, and above all else, our friend. In this game of life, just like in football, if we stand together we can not be beaten.

Mike sorry to hear of the situation and will definitely keep you in my prayers. On an unrelated and more positive note, if my math is correct, I think you had a perfect or near perfect week in the RT Varsity forecasters pool. Congrats!

Reactions: mike salem
Mike sorry to hear of the situation and will definitely keep you in my prayers. On an unrelated and more positive note, if my math is correct, I think you had a perfect or near perfect week in the RT Varsity forecasters pool. Congrats!

I think for the first time ever I actually nailed a perfect score 24/24! Thanks for alerting me to that cut!

I ask everyone that is a paying member of Virginiapreps to click on "Like" on Mike's post above. Show him that we are with him.
I didn't realize that the "Like" button was active for everyone, that's why I said it the way I did. By all means, everyone let Mike know in overwhelming fashion that we are with him in his fight 100%.

Just letting you know Mike, that you are always on my mind. If prayers can make your situation better, (and I have faith that they can), then look forward to positive things happening. I know God has His plan, but I've been arguing with him to at least listen to my ideas. He told me to chill out, He would look into doing something for you. I'll stay on Him so he doesn't forget.;):confused::rolleyes::p

I just feel that your situation will take a turn for the better. When I think of you and your problems, I just get a sense that "it's going to work out and be ok". Honestly, I didn't feel this way week ago, but over the last few days, I have a sense of peace when thinking of you.

Reactions: mike salem
Keep going guys and gals. Let's try hard to get Mike 100 or more "likes" by Sunday. Every "like" tells him you care. On behalf of Mike, thank you very much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT