ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Recruiting High on Graham's Xay Bradshaw

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018

Bigtime Statements for Bradshaw and one person's argument that he is the best "get" in Notre Dame's recruiting class.

Source/Reference: The primary source of this media file is linked above. I'm reposting this media file from SWVA Sports in which the user, "Real Sasquatch" initially posted it.

He is a dynamic athlete for sure. Can't wait to watch this kid play his senior season.

Comparing him to Peter Warrick, man that's crazy to me. Warrick was one of the better college playmakers I've ever seen, if Bradshaw is 50% of Peter Warrick he would be an impact player for ND right away.

Comparing him to Peter Warrick, man that's crazy to me. Warrick was one of the better college playmakers I've ever seen, if Bradshaw is 50% of Peter Warrick he would be an impact player for ND right away.
I think he was comparing him coming out of high school and the skill sets he has. He has a ton of potential. His father was an NFL star who, if not for 2 ankles held together by screws would have had a much better career in the NFL. He has good blood-lines. Unfortunately, he didn't get to play against Union in the playoff game last season. I would love to see Bradshaw display his talents against Union this season. You will get to see first hand how much talent this kid has. Hopefully Covid won't keep that from happening.

Last edited:
Hopefully he will go somewhere other than Notre Dame.
He has a lot of schools recruiting him. Michigan State, Arizona State, WVU, UVA, Purdue to name a few. Wherever he ends up, I'll be sure to watch him. He has a team-mate who graduated a couple years back in Cam Allen, who is excelling at Purdue. Not sure if that will sway his decision or not.

Reactions: BGfootball95
I think he was comparing him coming out of high school and the skill sets he has. He has a ton of potential. His father was an NFL star who, if not for 2 ankles held together by screws would have had a much better career in the NFL. He has good blood-lines. Unfortunately, he didn't get to play against Union in the playoff game last season. I would love to see Bradshaw display his talents against Union this season. You will get to see first hand how much talent this kid has. Hopefully Covid won't keep that from happening.
Credit Union for that victory, but it does make you wonder if a game that close, decided on the last play could be swayed by having a kid the caliber of Bradshaw who I understand is now a 4 star recruit by some services. Maybe not, but it would be like Union having a kid who was a four star like Mitchell not being able to play against Graham in a nailbiting game. There's no question, a difference is made. But, you play with who you have and all Union did was play ball. I watched that game and Union seemed like they were possessed by the Devil from tackle to tackle on the offensive side of the ball with absolute incredible determination to propel their team. This Bradshaw kid is as good on defense in my opinion as he is offense. His father was the same. Ahmad was special on the defensive side as well. A vicious hitter.

Reactions: one man and 19GHS87
Does Bradshaw return kicks consistently? That was where Warrick could flip a game, on a punt return. The highlight showed a couple returns but I'm not sure he was the primary PR/KR. I don't think it does Bradshaw any favors, comparing him to such an elite college talent, but I can see how the guy breaking down the video got there.

Does Bradshaw return kicks consistently? That was where Warrick could flip a game, on a punt return. The highlight showed a couple returns but I'm not sure he was the primary PR/KR. I don't think it does Bradshaw any favors, comparing him to such an elite college talent, but I can see how the guy breaking down the video got there.
Bradshaw is their primary kick returner.

Bradshaw is their primary kick returner.
Be fun to see how Graham uses him. I'm not sure I would have him returning every kick against the lesser teams, no need to take the hits, deploy him as a weapon in big games as the KR/PR, that's a huge advantage. Mitchell was much bigger and more physical but didn't possess the burst and the elusive moves Bradshaw has shown, Union would use him as a PR but not a KR,they realized (and rightfully so) his athletic ability was better used in punt return but with Bradshaw, he may be a better KR with his attributes.

With Graham breaking in new QB (right? I thought Blevins graduated), how will they use Bradshaw effectively? Some motion toss sweeps and stuff plus the screens and deep balls? It'll be interesting to see if the QB can produce well enough to address some questions teams surely have with route running and working inside the numbers. With his raw talent, it's easy to see him dominate on the outside and downfield, so the next stage of his development will come (on offense) when he's able to show crisp routes and good timing. Sky is the limit

Be fun to see how Graham uses him. I'm not sure I would have him returning every kick against the lesser teams, no need to take the hits, deploy him as a weapon in big games as the KR/PR, that's a huge advantage. Mitchell was much bigger and more physical but didn't possess the burst and the elusive moves Bradshaw has shown, Union would use him as a PR but not a KR,they realized (and rightfully so) his athletic ability was better used in punt return but with Bradshaw, he may be a better KR with his attributes.

With Graham breaking in new QB (right? I thought Blevins graduated), how will they use Bradshaw effectively? Some motion toss sweeps and stuff plus the screens and deep balls? It'll be interesting to see if the QB can produce well enough to address some questions teams surely have with route running and working inside the numbers. With his raw talent, it's easy to see him dominate on the outside and downfield, so the next stage of his development will come (on offense) when he's able to show crisp routes and good timing. Sky is the limit
This is a different Blevins we are talking about. Zach Blevins played linebacker for Graham last season and will still play linebacker and a little qb and rb. He is very athletic and has played some qb in the past. Graham's biggest challenge with Bradshaw is having a qb that can deliver the ball to him. He had to go up high to catch a bubble screen, which would have restulted in a yardage loss for most receivers, but ended up in the endzone due to his athleticism. The other 2 td's were a result of 1 good throw and catch and another athletic play by Bradshaw. Graham has a speedy sophomore that is recovering from a broken wrist that should take some of the pressure off of Bradshaw. He has speed to burn, but not quite as fast as Bradshaw. His cast comes off soon, but he would be a good option for those toss sweeps, end arounds and deep balls as well. He may not be a good option until week 2 or 3 (takes a while for the soreness to work out of a broken wrist).

This is a different Blevins we are talking about. Zach Blevins played linebacker for Graham last season and will still play linebacker and a little qb and rb. He is very athletic and has played some qb in the past. Graham's biggest challenge with Bradshaw is having a qb that can deliver the ball to him. He had to go up high to catch a bubble screen, which would have restulted in a yardage loss for most receivers, but ended up in the endzone due to his athleticism. The other 2 td's were a result of 1 good throw and catch and another athletic play by Bradshaw. Graham has a speedy sophomore that is recovering from a broken wrist that should take some of the pressure off of Bradshaw. He has speed to burn, but not quite as fast as Bradshaw. His cast comes off soon, but he would be a good option for those toss sweeps, end arounds and deep balls as well. He may not be a good option until week 2 or 3 (takes a while for the soreness to work out of a broken wrist).
Who was the QB last year? I thought it was a Blevins kid too.

Who was the QB last year? I thought it was a Blevins kid too.
It was. That was Jamir Blevins, no relation. Zach is more athletic, bigger and stronger. Jamir was more of a drop back passer. Jury is still out on who Graham will have at QB, Meadows or Blevins. May be a combination of both

Last edited:
Reactions: BigWinners
It was. That was Jamir Blevins, no relation. Zach is more athletic, bigger and stronger. Jamir was more of a drop back passer. Jury is still out on who Graham will have at QB, Meadows or Blevins. May be a combination of both
Was Jamir the Tazwell transfer or was that Zach? I was positive a Blevins kid was the QB, but I knew it wasn't Zach, he has been a very good LB for them last season or so.

Is the Meadows kid the younger brother of the big Meadows kid at OT?

Was Jamir the Tazwell transfer or was that Zach? I was positive a Blevins kid was the QB, but I knew it wasn't Zach, he has been a very good LB for them last season or so.

Is the Meadows kid the younger brother of the big Meadows kid at OT?
Meadows is in fact the younger brother of the OT. He is a pretty good linebacker, as well. Both quarterbacks should do well, it's a good competition between them both.

Meadows is in fact the younger brother of the OT. He is a pretty good linebacker, as well. Both quarterbacks should do well, it's a good competition between them
Is he as big as his brother? If he shares a similar frame, the SWD could have two huge monsters taking snaps at QB. The Richlands QB is damn Andre the Giant lookin back there.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Is he as big as his brother? If he shares a similar frame, the SWD could have two huge monsters taking snaps at QB. The Richlands QB is damn Andre the Giant lookin back there.
No. His brother is probably 5'9" or 5'10".

Check out the clip from the Abingdon scrimmage. The 2nd touchdown. That's what Bradshaw brings to the table, something out of nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT