ADVERTISEMENT

NOVA turf fields?

HooSprings

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 13, 2018
How many fields in northern Virginia are turf field and not grass?

How many fields in northern Virginia are turf field and not grass?
Can't give you a number but the far majority of them are turf.

I believe most in Prince William County are turf except for Gar-Field and Brentsville District. Maybe there's another one with grass. Not sure.

James Monroe is grass.

Everything in Stafford is turf.

Kettle Run and Fauquier have grass while Liberty has turf.

Everything in Loudoun is turf.

As for Fairfax City/County and Arlington, I believe all of them now have turf fields.

I hope this helps! Was there anyone specific you were looking for?

Can't give you a number but the far majority of them are turf.

I believe most in Prince William County are turf except for Gar-Field and Brentsville District. Maybe there's another one with grass. Not sure.

James Monroe is grass.

Everything in Stafford is turf.

Kettle Run and Fauquier have grass while Liberty has turf.

Everything in Loudoun is turf.

As for Fairfax City/County and Arlington, I believe all of them now have turf fields.

I hope this helps! Was there anyone specific you were looking for?
Lake Braddock?! They’ll be playing on a wet turf field tomorrow. Very fast “track”!

I think I counted this correctly, all of the Fairfax County Public Schools high school/secondary school football fields are turf (25, IIRC)... some have already been replaced once. Fairfax HS was the first one installed. In Arlington County all three high schools have turf fields. Don't know about private/parochial high schools

In PWC, Gar-Field just had their turf field installed during this season. Woodbridge, Forest Park, and Hylton all had turf installed recently.

Osbourn received the smurf turf treatment over in Manassas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT