ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UVA @ VT

HOOS @ HOKIES who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainman17

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 24, 2012
Virginia Tech has won 14 straight and need this win for s chance to keep the bowl streak alive. Uva hasn’t won in Blacksburg since the 90s and for the first time enter the game with a superior record than the Hokies.

I’m a VT fan from way back as my daughter graduated from VT but this year’s team is a disaster. Poor execution and the coaching lacks something. I predicted in an email 5 weeks ago to Daily Press writer David Teel that this team would lose all 4 of its last games. Three down, one to go. UVA has improved and a decent team. UVA wins by 10+. As the Hokies have proven, Lane Stadium this year means nothing.

Reactions: Rev_Real
Looking at the active depth chart for UVA tonight, I noticed they are pretty heavily invested in their underclassmen on both sides of the ball. It's Bronco's 3rd year and he's improved the team steadily in each. Once his OWN full recruiting class is in their 4/5th years, I think his plan to be in the mix for the Coastal Div will be in place. But they need to be getting even better recruits to continue to match up with top tier Big 5 schools over all.

It's been a hit for VT to see so many top recruits leave for schools like Penn State, UCF, etc. UVA has to win some of those kids too! For both schools, I wish they would just stay within the commonwealth. Otherwise, I really like Uva's approach in recruiting kids that understand college is a 40 year choice, not just 4-5 years.

Reactions: mbonape1
I’m a VT fan from way back as my daughter graduated from VT but this year’s team is a disaster. Poor execution and the coaching lacks something. I predicted in an email 5 weeks ago to Daily Press writer David Teel that this team would lose all 4 of its last games. Three down, one to go. UVA has improved and a decent team. UVA wins by 10+. As the Hokies have proven, Lane Stadium this year means nothing.

I agree with you. I feel like UVA is clearly a superior football team this year. They have been in every game. Fuentes needs to be careful... this team is un-hokie-like. I know they are young but some of these performances have been dreadful and uninspiring. I have come to expect a Tech team to play hard and be sound. Tech needs to bounce back next year in a big way. Honestly they don't really deserve a bowl game. Losing at home to UVA would be fitting ending to a dreadful season. We need one of these teams to step up.. our HSFB is too good to not be fielding a top 10 team somewhere in the state

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I agree with you. I feel like UVA is clearly a superior football team this year. They have been in every game. Fuentes needs to be careful... this team is un-hokie-like. I know they are young but some of these performances have been dreadful and uninspiring. I have come to expect a Tech team to play hard and be sound. Tech needs to bounce back next year in a big way. Honestly they don't really deserve a bowl game. Losing at home to UVA would be fitting ending to a dreadful season. We need one of these teams to step up.. our HSFB is too good to not be fielding a top 10 team somewhere in the state
I like you but calling him "Fuentes" really irks me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT