ADVERTISEMENT

Our friend could use our help.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Mike Salem, (Stevens), plans to make the long trip to W & M Saturday. For any of you newcomers, Mike has MS, and is confined to his motorized chair. This makes ordinary transportation impossible for him.

Mike has to rent a transportation van for a trip like this. He usually is able to get a family member to handle the driving chores, but it's still an expensive trip.

As in the past, I know that Mike would appreciate any financial assistance that we can provide.

The best method to help Mike is to send him a check. Of course, if you will be at the championship game in Williamsburg, you can catch up with him there. He can scrape together enough funds to get to the game, but it leaves him strapped for the month and the holiday season.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike granted permission for me to post his address.

Mike Stevens
411South Broad Street
Salem VA 24153

Do you subscribe to the NFHS Network ? 5:30 start temperature near freezing that's going to be rough to be out in.

Last edited:
Do you subscribe to the NFHS Network ? 5:30 start temperature near freezing that's going to be rough to be out in.
Our Mike was at the game last year and the temperatures were brutally cold. Our team and fans love him. He had his picture taken after the game with the team and holding the trophy. I might be wrong, but I think it would take an avalanche hitting the field to keep him away. Even then he would probably put that chair in high gear and tough it out!

Our Mike was at the game last year and the temperatures were brutally cold. Our team and fans love him. He had his picture taken after the game with the team and holding the trophy. I might be wrong, but I think it would take an avalanche hitting the field to keep him away. Even then he would probably put that chair in high gear and tough it out!
Mike will be at the game. Somebody just get him some warm hot chocolate! Lol

I'm still planning on going to the game Sunday. I know the weather has thrown a monkey wrench into some people's plans. I hope to meet and talk with some of you guys. I enjoy meeting people as much as I do watching the games.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT