ADVERTISEMENT

Our Friend, Mike Salem

momomule

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had the privilege of meeting our friend, Mike, this year. I feel I have been blessed to meet him and call him my friend. I can promise that if he needed anything night or day, I would step up for him without hesitation. Folks on here know him as a contributor to discussions. He loves football and his Spartans. Our kids are fortunate to have many fans, but especially Mike. Many of you know that he has had physical struggles. What many don't know is that he can get a special bus to take him to games, but he wheels about 2 miles home after games...no matter how cold it is. He then gets online to inform everyone of what he observed. That is a dedicated person...a true fan ..a true lover of kids, sport, community, and friends here. Last night, I was ready to show up at his house with hot chocolate after his long, cold ride home. He wouldn't let me, but maybe some other time. He wouldn't tell everyone this, but I would. Salem is lucky to have him,and so are we here.

I had the privilege of meeting our friend, Mike, this year. I feel I have been blessed to meet him and call him my friend. I can promise that if he needed anything night or day, I would step up for him without hesitation. Folks on here know him as a contributor to discussions. He loves football and his Spartans. Our kids are fortunate to have many fans, but especially Mike. Many of you know that he has had physical struggles. What many don't know is that he can get a special bus to take him to games, but he wheels about 2 miles home after games...no matter how cold it is. He then gets online to inform everyone of what he observed. That is a dedicated person...a true fan ..a true lover of kids, sport, community, and friends here. Last night, I was ready to show up at his house with hot chocolate after his long, cold ride home. He wouldn't let me, but maybe some other time. He wouldn't tell everyone this, but I would. Salem is lucky to have him,and so are we here.
Thank you for your very nice words. I love being part of the Salem community, the football fraternity, the Preps board, and thanks to your idea the Salem Football Fans Facebook page! It has really been a treat, wish you had thought of it earlier. I'm a people person and every game I'm meeting new people because of this board & the Facebook page. I love it and I love watching those Spartans! I get so much enjoyment out of it I'd endure just about anything to go. Last year at this time I spent 7 weeks in the hospital & nursing home. I escaped to watch GW, Liberty, and got out just in time to make it to the championship game. I have to have my fix and I love the camaraderie of passionate, like minded people I have found over the years.

Damn good man!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

I was looking back at what you wrote and my response. I forgot to say that it has been my pleasure getting to know you and to call you my friend! I also appreciate everything you have done for me this year and all of your nice offers of help. It is difficult to make the games, especially as it gets colder, but having people like you giving a helping hand makes it possible.

I'm hoping we'll get one more home game, that would require a win over Champe and a Woodgrove win over JF. I know people in NOVA would like to see Champe and Woodgrove, people around Roanoke/Lynchburg would like to see Salem and JF. I wouldn't be able to make that game, but it would be a fun matchup. As long as Salem keeps winning I'll be happy!

Reactions: momomule and gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT