ADVERTISEMENT

Page Co. 106/Stuart's Draft 73

dwcherb

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 26, 2010
Yes Virginia, Page Co. scored 106 pts. tonight and Draft only scored 73..u may say only 73?!!! yes, it's pretty well known that Draft does have an high octane offense...however high octane isn't much good unless are the cylinders are working and Page actually beat Draft at their own game..in 1st 1/2 Tyler Williams for Page was on fire..some who were keeping score in the stands said he had 27 at the 1/2..
Page had a 49-28 lead going into 3rd quarter and Draft did make a run mid way thru the 3rd and cut the lead down to 13 at one point, but, that is when Page's offense begin to click again and it was Ryan Cave who got on fire and some good bench support from Caleb Andrews and Nathan Lucas...Draft pressed the entire game and Page took pretty good care of the ball and even it appeared towards the end of the game that Draft was the team sucking air and Page seemed to be somewhat fired up by the crowd and the fact that seldom does a Page Co. team or any team at this level score 100 pts against a good team...
This was I would say by far the best game Page has played all year and perhaps the best they have played in several yrs..give credit to Mike Purdham for having his boys ready and actually beating Draft at their own game...I'm not positive on this, but, it is possible that Tyler Williams may have broken the single game scoring mark set in the late '80's by Kerry Painter who scored over 40 but less then 45(not sure of exact figure)against Manassas Park with the late Dave Dutton as head coach..perhaps G-Town may have more insight on the individual scoring tonight?
If this game was any indication of how Page is gonna play for the rest of the post season, they will be a very hard team to beat..but, this was only one game and tomorrow they play a very good R.E. Lee team at Page at 7 pm for the conference championship..the consolation game also at Page features East Rock and Stuarts Draft...we'll see how much this game tonight took out of Page or did it only add fuel to the engine....as a side note: tomorrow will be the first time R.E Lee-Staunton has ever played at in a Page Co. High School gym to the best of my knowledge of over 50 yrs of following this team

Good write up. I think Page is a very good and well coached team. Both Lee and Page will be tough outs in with home games in the regionals. I was a bit surprised at the score but...Page always seems to get it going this time of year. Great coaching is always a key to that.

The Lee fact of never playing at Page is interesting...but I think you're right. They've played a few times over the last couple of years but usually in the East Rock tourney or in Staunton.

Should be a good one tonight and hopefully we both can watch our teams make deep postseason runs!

Yes Virginia, Page Co. scored 106 pts. tonight and Draft only scored 73..u may say only 73?!!! yes, it's pretty well known that Draft does have an high octane offense...however high octane isn't much good unless are the cylinders are working and Page actually beat Draft at their own game..in 1st 1/2 Tyler Williams for Page was on fire..some who were keeping score in the stands said he had 27 at the 1/2..
Page had a 49-28 lead going into 3rd quarter and Draft did make a run mid way thru the 3rd and cut the lead down to 13 at one point, but, that is when Page's offense begin to click again and it was Ryan Cave who got on fire and some good bench support from Caleb Andrews and Nathan Lucas...Draft pressed the entire game and Page took pretty good care of the ball and even it appeared towards the end of the game that Draft was the team sucking air and Page seemed to be somewhat fired up by the crowd and the fact that seldom does a Page Co. team or any team at this level score 100 pts against a good team...
This was I would say by far the best game Page has played all year and perhaps the best they have played in several yrs..give credit to Mike Purdham for having his boys ready and actually beating Draft at their own game...I'm not positive on this, but, it is possible that Tyler Williams may have broken the single game scoring mark set in the late '80's by Kerry Painter who scored over 40 but less then 45(not sure of exact figure)against Manassas Park with the late Dave Dutton as head coach..perhaps G-Town may have more insight on the individual scoring tonight?
If this game was any indication of how Page is gonna play for the rest of the post season, they will be a very hard team to beat..but, this was only one game and tomorrow they play a very good R.E. Lee team at Page at 7 pm for the conference championship..the consolation game also at Page features East Rock and Stuarts Draft...we'll see how much this game tonight took out of Page or did it only add fuel to the engine....as a side note: tomorrow will be the first time R.E Lee-Staunton has ever played at in a Page Co. High School gym to the best of my knowledge of over 50 yrs of following this team
Kerry scored 40 against Brentsville in 1985. That is the exact figure. So if Tylor scored 41 or more last night then he set a new school record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT