ADVERTISEMENT

Percentage chance of Narrows starting the season 4-0?

CallMeCoach19

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 27, 2010
Yes, I am baiting people into a debate and playing devil's advocate. However, it is an interesting prospect. I do some betting (online and legal) and play fantasy in way too many leagues, so I'm big on percentages for sure. If I were to look objectively at Narrows and Giles before this matchup, I would have to put Narrows chances at around 9-11%. However, given the feel they have going around there right now, and the fact that it is a home game, I'm going to 15%. So a huge underdog, but I'm gonna give them the chance.
I sure hope they aren't thinking that the Montcalm single wing was a good prep though. That was the worst I have ever seen anyone run that offense. If you force me to pick, I'm still picking Giles in this one. But if there was ever a year where an upset could occur it is this one.
But the chance in a percentage!

Great job starting out, but 0% chance they beat Giles. I know that is harsh but I can't see any way that they win. The last win for them came in 2002. The last close game (21-16) was in 2009. The last time that Narrows scored more than 2 times was in that 2002 win. They haven't managed more than the one token score that Giles usually gives up in their last 4 meetings.
Also, even if they had the ability to do it, the kids likely think in the back of their mind that they don't have a shot. If kids don't think that they can win, they usually don't.

Yes, I am baiting people into a debate and playing devil's advocate. However, it is an interesting prospect. I do some betting (online and legal) and play fantasy in way too many leagues, so I'm big on percentages for sure. If I were to look objectively at Narrows and Giles before this matchup, I would have to put Narrows chances at around 9-11%. However, given the feel they have going around there right now, and the fact that it is a home game, I'm going to 15%. So a huge underdog, but I'm gonna give them the chance.
I sure hope they aren't thinking that the Montcalm single wing was a good prep though. That was the worst I have ever seen anyone run that offense. If you force me to pick, I'm still picking Giles in this one. But if there was ever a year where an upset could occur it is this one.
But the chance in a percentage!
If Narrows and Giles play 10 times, Giles wins atleast 9, so I'll go just under 10 percent as anybody can be beat on any given Friday night

Narrows has a better team than normal with a really athletic qb and a kid or two that can catch it a little more size than normal on both lines but with that being said I'll give narrows about 3.7 percent chance

Reactions: SWVAftballfan
Narrows has a better team than normal with a really athletic qb and a kid or two that can catch it a little more size than normal on both lines but with that being said I'll give narrows about 3.7 percent chance
If Giles hadn't looked pretty good against two 3A opponents so far, that being Blacksburg and Christiansburg, both of whom would beat Narrows pretty handily, then I'd give Narrows a little bit of a chance. But Giles putting up big point totals on those two, make me believe it will be pretty hard for Narrows to hang with them.

I'd actually take Narrows over Christiansburg, seen both and Narrows is bigger and more physical. Now beat Giles, probably not but I'd give them about a 25% chance; all it takes is a couple big plays and a turnover or two and it's a tight ball game. At this point I see Narrows at 8-2 or 7-3, toss up is Grayson, but I think Giles and Graham gets them.

I'd actually take Narrows over Christiansburg, seen both and Narrows is bigger and more physical. Now beat Giles, probably not but I'd give them about a 25% chance; all it takes is a couple big plays and a turnover or two and it's a tight ball game. At this point I see Narrows at 8-2 or 7-3, toss up is Grayson, but I think Giles and Graham gets them.

You think Narrows can take Galax? I think they will get Grayson. 7-3 is best case

Oh dang how could I forget Galax...no, no they don't beat Galax, so yeah at best 7-3 which is still a good year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT