ADVERTISEMENT

PH v Fleming game time

This has been going on for a while. Heck, we had issues in the 80's with kids and adults fighting behind victory stadium. My dad tells stories of the same thing going on in the 50's between Fleming and Jefferson (before PH). The fans just don't like each other and now it's even more ramped up with gang violence or threats.
Better to be safe than sorry, but as PH graduate it bothers me. People should feel safe and enjoy the competition instead of constantly looking over their shoulder.

Last edited:
Same start time as the regular season. A little surprised they did not opt for a Saturday afternoon kickoff with VT out of town. Much easier crowd control in the daylight hours.
Yeah I agree Cut. I know the CIAA Championship will be Saturday at 3 in Salem. Maybe that’s why? I would doubt a lot of people in the Roanoke Valley would have much interest in that though.

Yeah I agree Cut. I know the CIAA Championship will be Saturday at 3 in Salem. Maybe that’s why? I would doubt a lot of people in the Roanoke Valley would have much interest in that though.
That is a good call on the CIAA Championship and there would be more overlap than you might imagine in the crowds. They could kick at 11:00am and be done with plenty of time to get to Salem though. The other unknown would be conflicts with other activities surrounding the CIAA Championship.

FWIW, there are a couple of weird game times in Northern Virginia as well with both Colonial Forge and Mountain View hosting games with Friday 6:00PM start times.

FWIW, there are a couple of weird game times in Northern Virginia as well with both Colonial Forge and Mountain View hosting games with Friday 6:00PM start times.
All schools in this region have a Veterans Day Holiday on Friday. Some schools even debated playing earlier in the day.

#Region5C Update:
#1 is in trouble in the 3rd, William Fleming leads PH-Roanoke....

Touchdown Colonels!!!!
Extra point missed.
WF 23 - PH 7, 7:30 left in 3rd.

Final in VHSL Region 5D Football Quarterfinals - William Fleming 23, Patrick Henry-Roanoke 16.

Reactions: SFUWO
Thanks WF
no one now has to travel to Roanoke!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT