ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus 25 King George 13 FINAL

What was up with King George #13 at the handshake line? Broke away from severe KG coaches to get back in the line

I said it from jump because I’ve personally experienced it, TWICE!!!!! They just wear you down the entire game & by the 4th Quarter your body slowly starts to ache for all the body shots that’s when they land a haymaker

This is the terrible officiating Phoebus has had all year unfortunately
Man I'm way up in the northern part of the state and have never seen anything that bad. Probably the worst I have ever seen, probably the worst anyone has ever seen. VHSL should be ashamed. Oh good luck next weekend, hopefully with different officials.

Reactions: cavaliers91
Anyone know what region these officials are from?
The refs are from Region A. VHSL doesn't use "neutral" refs until championship game. I coached in a Class 4 state semifinal game last year on our home field and we had refs from our local association. They had worked some of our district games during the regular season.

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
30-40 would be my guess
I like King George football team overall. I can see where they are talented but I don't think their approach to today's game matched what was at stake or their opponent's capabilities. The Phoebus coaching staff has been in situations 10x worse than what they faced today. The KG offense was responsible for 5 points today. The field goal was a give away on a special teams blunder, which the Phantoms have made before but survived and they scored on a 2 point play. I do not believe the King George offense left it all on the field. Their defense did a good job but not a great job. I think this showing is the best they could do. I congratulate them on their season. Since they are just starting to experience winning these last 2 years today's game must be more than a learning experience. They must become a much more aggressive program.

Last edited:
I knew that Phoebus d line would cause too much pressure on KG QB. If you haven't seen it up close you can't truly prepare for it. They are too good.

Reactions: gwb16
Yessir. What’s yours thoughts on the dline?
I was at the Salem/Tusky game but watched y’all online. Dawgs everywhere. The 🅿️ DL is the best in the state, no matter the classification. I say this after seeing Maury in person too.

It's a damn shame that 6 IDIOTS in striped shirts have ruined what should have been a really good football game. Way too many flags thrown and waayyy too many flags picked up.(For both teams).
If you have never watched a football game at Darling Stadium you can't know how frustrating it is that every game is National Yellow Flying Flag Day. They love calling PFs aftwr the plays are over.

I like King George football team overall. I can see where they are talented but I don't think their approach to today's match what was at stake or their opponent's capabilities. The Phoebus coaching staff has been in situations 10x worse than what they faced today. The KG offense was responsible for 5 points today. The field goal was a give away on a special teams blunder, which the Phantoms have made before but survived and they scored on a 2 point play. I do not believe the King George offense left it all on the field. Their defense did a good job but not a great job. I think this showing is the best they could do. I congratulate them on their season. Since they are just starting to experience winning these last 2 years today's game must be more than a learning experience. They must become a much more aggressive program.
Agreed. I had watched KG several times and I'm sure Phoebus' D had alot to do with their play but it seemed liked KG's QB was overwhelmed by the situation. I thought I read where he threw for over 3000 yards and 40 some TD's but you could never tell by today. By far his worst effort of the year. Hell when your overthrowing recievers by 5 to 10 feet uh yards...... Maybe the kid was sick or something but if that was the case they may have been better off with the back up in. Anywho good luck next week against Salem.

Agreed. I had watched KG several times and I'm sure Phoebus' D had alot to do with their play but it seemed liked KG's QB was overwhelmed by the situation. I thought I read where he threw for over 3000 yards and 40 some TD's but you could never tell by today. By far his worst effort of the year. Hell when your overthrowing recievers by 5 to 10 feet uh yards...... Maybe the kid was sick or something but if that was the case they may have been better off with the back up in. Anywho good luck next week against Salem.
That QB threw for 3000 yards and 40 TDs??? HOW???

Congrats Phoebus. Very solid team all around, no weaknesses (key ingredient to a State Championship). Was hoping to see KG break through the glass but the Phantoms eventually took over. Salem was susceptible to the pass and QB runs. I believe Phoebus has the D to key on Lewis and keep him in check. Hope for a good state final but I think the Phantoms win by 3 scores. I don't think it will be an immediate blowout but by the late 3rd-early 4th quarter in hand. I don't know if it's like this every year but I remember in the final in 2018 against Heritage the players coming off the bus with all the fans, man were they having a great time. All the confidence in the world, music and lots of fun. I told my wife, "Man I'd love to be part of that". Best wishes against a tough, disciplined Salem team. They have some horses and a wear you down Oline.

That QB threw for 3000 yards and 40 TDs??? HOW???
Because they didn't face defensive lines that could rush the passer liker Phoebus can. He is a good QB but it's hard for any QB at any level to hit his targets when he's running for his life all game.

Reactions: falcettik
100 % correct. I'm glad I wasn't sitting out in the rain watching it.
I was sitting out in the rain watching it. I kept waiting for KG to do something different. They never did. Compared to what I saw from their highlight reels I believe they stayed with the horse they rode all year and that horse was spent at the half. Hats off to their defense for winning the first half but the Foxes were fortunate to receive a gift of a muffed punt.

Because they didn't face defensive lines that could rush the passer liker Phoebus can. He is a good QB but it's hard for any QB at any level to hit his targets when he's running for his life all game.
Even with that fact. Dude shouldn’t be missing WRs as bad as he was. He looked like it was his first game of the season. Completely shell shocked.

I just expected way more after all the hype about WRs and was really let down. I want to know his passing numbers.

Idk if I agree there. They were calling it on WR’s blocking downfield. Horrible officiating
If you say so. KG was holding almost every play…go rewatch game when the condensed version is released. Anthony Reddick and Taysean Stevenson were held nonstop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT