ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus vs Woodside YouTube Link

Woodside has 3 first downs in 1st quarter.

Phoebus hasn’t gotten the ball on offense with 3:11 left in 1st

Phoebus 7-0 end of 1st

Definitely not playing with the same fire as last week thru one quarter

Phoebus DT picks off screen pass

11 yard TD run by Roberts

14-0 Phoebus 7:13 2nd quarter

Noah Jefferson with a pretty one hand 59 yard TD catch

35-3 Phoebus 1:31 3rd quarter

I'm unfamiliar with the area. What has led to Phoebus's sustained dominance over the past couple decades? Looking back, Hampton was the historically preeminent program. Did Phoebus open in the area that Hampton traditionally pulled most of its athletes from?

I'm unfamiliar with the area. What has led to Phoebus's sustained dominance over the past couple decades? Looking back, Hampton was the historically preeminent program. Did Phoebus open in the area that Hampton traditionally pulled most of its athletes from?
Phoebus just took Hampton’s spot as the best school in the city in 2001 and never looked back. This is a city thing and the city of Hampton has dominated the state of Virginia in football since forever honestly.

This is a new Phoebus from the 2001-2011 where we won 7 state titles in 11 years. Blunt built the program with this group of kids early in their rec league days and this set of kids has been playing together or against each other for 10+ years. All the best kids in the city are lined up to play at Phoebus now. There are a lot of 9th and 10th graders who will barely play this year that will be future D1 signees.

42-3 Final

Very sloppy game from Phoebus. 37 wins a row.
Lol, you sound surprised. I kind of expected this. It's going to be a huge challenge this year for Coach Blunt to keep these kids motivated week in and week out. A threepeat and a 37 game win streak to boot. Most of the seniors have pretty much seen it all. They were highly motivated for Highland Springs last week because 1. The two programs have never faced off. 2. They felt disrespected because so many were picking against them while predicting wide margins. You can't expect that adrenaline to last in a short week in preparing for Woodside (No disrespect). Best believe Phoebus will always get every team's best shot because they don't want to get embarrassed. I see every game being a scrimmage until the Warwick game and trust and believe those antennas will be up again (maybe not to the degree of last week).

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT