ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Comments

Yeah I know! Gimme helping the football team win a State over that any day! Y’all notice every high school band is an award winning band? I never been to a high school where that wasn’t the case lol! Hope we can make some noise for the home team. It sucks that Danville only has 1 high school with sports and people barely support them. With all of the crime and external problems that the city deals with, you’d expect the city to rally around these boys. Hopefully they come out and support these young men.

Agree 100%. We are putting a fun and exciting brand of football on the field every week but the crowds have been lukewarm at best. I realize there are MANY more entertainment options than there used to be...including all of the options we have for staying at home. But GEEZ people...this is fun.

With all of the issues we've had in Danville over the past generation, it would be awesome if we could rally as one city around this team. Black, white, rich man, poor man, EVERYONE. These are OUR boys!

With so much in today's world that seems engineered for the specific purpose of dividing us into little-bitty groups, how nice it would be to rally around something that could bring us ALL together!

4D... The most competitive bracket top to bottom in 4a and maybe the state this year regardless of classification. I think 7 of the 8 teams could potentially send any one of the other teams home any given Friday.

I have heard a lot of thoughts on upsets in 4D in round one. I have heard convincing cases for Amherst and C'ville.

Amherst has been inconsistent this year but can certainly send someone home for the winter. Don't be fooled by the Louisa / C'ville score. C'ville slipped on a few banana peels in that game. I think they are closer to the team that gave Glass a game than they are to the team that got throttled by Louisa on any given Friday night.

But I am still going with GW Danville and Salem bc consistency matters to me. I want my Big Mack to taste like a Big mack every time!

I am big on William Byrd but last week made me worry a bit. Lets see how they do on Friday night.

There will be a major upset in this bracket but I'm not sure if it happens in this round or in round 2.

Amherst, JF, Salem. Byrd/Glass is a toss up but I’ll go with Glass. Seems crazy, but most folks on here don’t care for me much anyway so who cares haha I’m going with JF +10 after watching 6 full films of Blacksburg. They don’t look as solid as heritage or GW IMO. Reason: the wishbone will be too potent for a team that hasn’t faced it. Shootout game. 52-42, something like that.

I like all the discussion but with cold weather and possible wet conditions, I feel passing teams may struggle on tomorrow night. Give me Blacksburg, Byrd, for sure. I believe the GW/Amh is a toss-up as is Salem/Cville. Expect home teams may win but can’t underestimate a strong power running game and good special teams. Dress warmly my friends

Amherst, JF, Salem. Byrd/Glass is a toss up but I’ll go with Glass. Seems crazy, but most folks on here don’t care for me much anyway so who cares haha I’m going with JF +10 after watching 6 full films of Blacksburg. They don’t look as solid as heritage or GW IMO. Reason: the wishbone will be too potent for a team that hasn’t faced it. Shootout game. 52-42, something like that.

I would love to see another Glass vs JF battle at City Stadium next week. Fingers crossed!

I would not be shocked if Heritage NN gets a W against Deep Creek. They've played pretty well after a horrible start. They have the athletes.

I expect a Deep Creek win, just saying it wouldn't shock me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT