ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Playoff Rules

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I wanted to post this now because regular participation in the weekly pick em will ensure qualifying for the playoffs and potentially increase your odds of winning the title.

The playoffs will be done differently this year. Rather than matching top seed vs low seed, everyone will compete against each other just like during the regular season. Each week we will have eliminations until a Champion is crowned. To be eligible for the playoffs you have to participate in at least 10/11 regular season weeks. Everyone that qualifies for the playoffs has an equal chance of being the Pick em Champ!

Here's how it works::

Everyone starts with 0 playoff points

At the end of Round 1 the Top 16 will advance.

At the end of Round 2 the Top 8 will advance.

At the end of Round 3 the Top 4 will advance.

At the end of Round 4 the Top 2 will advance.

At the end of Round 5 the Champion will be determined.

Ties for all rounds will be broken by who had more regular season points. If there is a tie for regular season points then the highest Week 11, 10, 9... score will be used till the tie is broken.

Good luck!

I wanted to post this now because regular participation in the weekly pick em will ensure qualifying for the playoffs and potentially increase your odds of winning the title.

The playoffs will be done differently this year. Rather than matching top seed vs low seed, everyone will compete against each other just like during the regular season. Each week we will have eliminations until a Champion is crowned. To be eligible for the playoffs you have to participate in at least 10/11 regular season weeks. Everyone that qualifies for the playoffs has an equal chance of being the Pick em Champ!

Here's how it works::

Everyone starts with 0 playoff points

At the end of Round 1 the Top 16 will advance.

At the end of Round 2 the Top 8 will advance.

At the end of Round 3 the Top 4 will advance.

At the end of Round 4 the Top 2 will advance.

At the end of Round 5 the Champion will be determined.

Ties for all rounds will be broken by who had more regular season points. If there is a tie for regular season points then the highest Week 11, 10, 9... score will be used till the tie is broken.

Good luck!

So you changed to the NASCAR playoff point system lol...I like this better than head to head to be honest

Reactions: mike salem
So you changed to the NASCAR playoff point system lol...I like this better than head to head to be honest
I was a Jeff Gordon fan so I didn't really like the introduction of the Chase format in NASCAR. Anyway, for our purposes here I think this system will be easier to oversee. (I hated going to tiebreakers to decide almost every matchup) This should be less time consuming for me and I like that regular participation and points can help you. I didn't actually even think of NASCAR when I was coming up with the new format, I just hated the old playoff system for pick em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT