ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Playoffs Championship

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Along with picking the winner of the 6 games, you will also pick the margin of victory. Whoever is closer wins the pick. If there is a 3-3 tie then the tiebreaker will be the cumulative playoff score. Good luck to Gunz41 & gladiators 01!

Email your championship picks with the margin of victory to: mike24885@comcast.net

C4

Tuscarora vs Lake Taylor

C3

Hopewell vs Lord Botetourt

C5

Maury vs Stone Bridge

C2

Stuart's Draft vs Appomattox

C6

South Co vs Oscar Smith

C1

Galax vs Riverheads

Reactions: SFUWO
Along with picking the winner of the 6 games, you will also pick the margin of victory. Whoever is closer wins the pick. If there is a 3-3 tie then the tiebreaker will be the cumulative playoff score. Good luck to Gunz41 & gladiators 01!

Email your championship picks with the margin of victory to: mike24885@comcast.net

C4

Tuscarora vs Lake Taylor

C3

Hopewell vs Lord Botetourt

C5

Maury vs Stone Bridge

C2

Stuart's Draft vs Appomattox

C6

South Co vs Oscar Smith

C1

Galax vs Riverheads

So you want a cumulative MOV? Let's just say that we both were to get all 6 right, is it closest cumulative or go in succession? Example: You have them listed 4,3,5,2,6,1. So for sake of argument we both pick Tusky. Tusky wins 42-28 and I pick a margin of 7 and gladiators01 picks 10. Is that the determined winner or go to the other 5?

Just curious

So you want a cumulative MOV? Let's just say that we both were to get all 6 right, is it closest cumulative or go in succession? Example: You have them listed 4,3,5,2,6,1. So for sake of argument we both pick Tusky. Tusky wins 42-28 and I pick a margin of 7 and gladiators01 picks 10. Is that the determined winner or go to the other 5?

Just curious
In your example gladiators01 would win the C4 pick because he was closest to the actual MOV.

In your example gladiators01 would win the C4 pick because he was closest to the actual MOV.

No, I get that. I'm saying IF we get the same correct number of games, so say 5. Is it a cumulative MOV, or is it that one Class game would be 1st tiebreaker, etc.

Let's say I miss the 1a game, and he misses the 3a game, would the Pick Em winner be whoever had the closest score for the 4a game, or the closest TOTAL MOV for all 6 games? For example, just to make it easy, every winner is by 7 points. So say I had Tusky 31-21 and he had 28-21. He obviously wins Class 4. But Total MOV I had as 56, and he had 40.

No, I get that. I'm saying IF we get the same correct number of games, so say 5. Is it a cumulative MOV, or is it that one Class game would be 1st tiebreaker, etc.

Let's say I miss the 1a game, and he misses the 3a game, would the Pick Em winner be whoever had the closest score for the 4a game, or the closest TOTAL MOV for all 6 games? For example, just to make it easy, every winner is by 7 points. So say I had Tusky 31-21 and he had 28-21. He obviously wins Class 4. But Total MOV I had as 56, and he had 40.
There are 6 games. Picking the winner of the game doesn't mean you win the pick. It's the correct pick AND the closet MOV. So the most points you could get is 6. Each game will be a W/L/T situation. In other words, if you earned 5 points your opponent could only receive 1. I want the picks emailed to me so you can't see your opponents pick & MOV. @Gunz41 @gladiators01

Reactions: gladiators01
There are 6 games. Picking the winner of the game doesn't mean you win the pick. It's the correct pick AND the closet MOV. So the most points you could get is 6. Each game will be a W/L/T situation. In other words, if you earned 5 points your opponent could only receive 1. I want the picks emailed to me so you can't see your opponents pick & MOV. @Gunz41 @gladiators01

Ahh ok, that makes more sense. I was thinking of the MOV as a tiebreaker

Good luck Gunz! Thanks Mike for keeping up with all of this. I’ve been lucky to make it this far considering where I was in standings in the regular season.

Reactions: mike salem
Here are the final picks submitted by Gunz41 and gladiators01.

Gunz41

Class 6: Oscar Smith +3
Class 5: Maury +24
Class 4: Tusky +21
Class 3: Hopewell +7
Class 2: STUARTS DRAFT STUARTS DRAFT STUARTS DRAFT. Since I have to pick a margin I say +1. I don't even care if it causes me to lose pickem
Class 1: Riverheads +14

gladiators01

Tuscarora by 7
Hopewell by 4
Maury by 4
Appomattox by 10
South County by 6
Riverheads by 17

Its ALL luck, at least on my part. Its funny that a 1a guy and 2a guy are the Final 2 here. Good luck to you as well
It looks like Augusta Co. is guaranteed one champ on Saturday (pick em). My bet is on 3. Good luck to both of you and both of your teams. My better half is a 89 Draft grad and we will making the short trip from Blacksburg to Salem to see if they can get that 1st ever football championship. Go Cougs and Glads!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT