ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 0

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Bonus Pick em!

Only 1 game involving VA public that counts, that I'm aware of.

Dinwiddie @ Glenville, OH*

* GOW- Since it's the only game, 5 points for correct picks.

I will be rooting hard for VA but Glenville will win. I like their 2 Ohio St commits but they have this 6’5 DE that might be a problem for Diniwiddie.

Will this game be televised?

I will be rooting hard for VA but Glenville will win. I like their 2 Ohio St commits but they have this 6’5 DE that might be a problem for Diniwiddie.

Will this game be televised?
Yes, the game is going to be on ESPN

Bonus Pick em!

Only 1 game involving VA public that counts, that I'm aware of.

Dinwiddie @ Glenville, OH*

* GOW- Since it's the only game, 5 points for correct picks.
My heart wants Dinwiddie but, my head says the travel and nature of the matchup favors Glenville.

Glenville it is.

Pains me to pick against my good friend @DinwiddieProud

It would be nice to pull out a win on the road, but.....gotta go with the home team - Glenville

Hope you're on the road to recovery my friend!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Dinwiddie

Looking at some Glenville film from last year, and I would go with the 2022 Generals over 2022 Glenville. Skill wise Dinwiddie looks a little faster but Glenville looks bigger. Glenville has a huge line so depending on who's coming back at that spot, it's probably advantage Glenville in the trenches. I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie will have the best player between both teams with Dalton. I would spot Glenville with 7 points with the travel and all the extra Dinwiddie has to do.

Doubt it since the game isn’t apart of the ESPN HSFB showcase , so the stream or a parent setting up the live on Facebook probably will be the best options

According to Google, St. Edward has 6 state championships in football, 3 coming in the last 5 years having just won back-to-back in 2021 & 22. They play in Ohio's largest division and has just under 1,000 students.

Pains me to pick against my good friend @DinwiddieProud

It would be nice to pull out a win on the road, but.....gotta go with the home team - Glenville

Hope you're on the road to recovery my friend!
Thank you sir. I “think” that I may be getting close to turning the corner.

I understand why most see Dinwiddie as a decided underdog. This is a huge step up for a little county school.

We may not win, but it won’t be because we were not prepared or are not physically in shape. To me, the other team will just have to be bigger, faster, and stronger. Dinwiddie will not be out prepared, out coached, or show a lack of heart.

It is going to be an uphill battle for Dinwiddie to go deep into Ohio and pull out a win. From my research we are the obvious underdogs, but I have confidence in the Generals preparation and toughness. We will surely be outsized; however, we can match speed with most anyone. I tend to believe Mills will take a page out of Salem's book and pound the rock. Use counters, traps, and designed quarterback runs to disrupt Glenvilles brawn. If we are forced into third and long situations their talented db's will give Dinwiddie fits. Win or lose it's a once in a lifetime experience and possible exposure for our kids. Go Generals and go Virginia!

PS. I just noticed something very different. Coach Mills has not posted, liked, or retweeted anything in three days. He must be living in the field house, eating a steady diet of film and in "Joe Gibbs" mode. Our boys will be ready!

Last edited:
I always get these kind of games wrong, so I'm going with Glenville because of their size. I'm rooting for Dinwiddie, and know they will represent VA well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT