ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 2 Comments

I believe the biggest concern of most schools is the following.

If the field is unplayable Friday, (which is highly probable even with a limited amount of rain due to the 3+ inches earlier this week), then it won't be playable Saturday either. That means the dreaded "Monday" game. And to complicate things, Monday is Labor Day and some, (or most), of the workers for the game will be unavailable.

It creates hardships, but it is the lesser of the evils.

If the field is unplayable Friday, (which is highly probable even with a limited amount of rain due to the 3+ inches earlier this week), then it won't be playable Saturday either. That means the dreaded "Monday" game. And to complicate things, Monday is Labor Day and some, (or most), of the workers for the game will be unavailable.

I completely understand and thank God several times every year for Loudoun Counties foresight in constructing new schools with turf fields! Most of the older schools have also been retrofitted with turf fields as well.

We do not need to worry about shredding wet fields!

We are playing unless there is lightning in Loudoun County typically. .Even with lightning we try to get game played.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I hope turf is in our future. I guess our grass field has got a good 10 years left. Unless we have a season that really does a lot of damage.

I would expect that replacing the field with turf when the time comes for replacement of the grass will be a strong consideration.

I completely understand and thank God several times every year for Loudoun Counties foresight in constructing new schools with turf fields! Most of the older schools have also been retrofitted with turf fields as well.

We do not need to worry about shredding wet fields!

We are playing unless there is lightning in Loudoun County typically. .Even with lightning we try to get game played.
You are playing because LC is the richest county in America with the money for those fields. No matter how you get them . If a turf field is constructed right , with proper drainage, I would much rather have that real turf.

Ok folks, get those week 2 picks in. We are assuming that one or more of the games on the pick-em will be played tonight.

Old 2a Clarkefan took us to school last week. Let's show him that last week was a fluke. He caught us looking ahead to the playoffs. It also didn't hurt that he sent Mike a box of the best cigars he could find.

Ok folks, get those week 2 picks in. We are assuming that one or more of the games on the pick-em will be played tonight.

Old 2a Clarkefan took us to school last week. Let's show him that last week was a fluke. He caught us looking ahead to the playoffs. It also didn't hurt that he sent Mike a box of the best cigars he could find.
Ironically, I did receive some Cuban cigars this week. Hmm?

Looking forward to the Western Branch/LT game.

Should tell us a lot about both the Southeastern District and how Lake Taylor looks moving forward in the class.

I'm new to the board. I've been reading for a while, finally decided to join.

Kings Fork fan, live right by the school. Very excited about the season. Certainly started off the right way last Friday. It wasn't so much about weather KF would win, it was a game they should win. Rather about how they looked with the little things, i.e. dumb penalties, getting lined up, etc. They did well. The first half was a little shaky but overall not bad. First play of the game went for 80 yards by Darren Butts, called back for holding by a WR. German, the QB, looked good coming off an ACL injury. Cherrod Joe, lead the Southeastern District in receptions last year, looked great and went for 60 after catching a slant.

Change in Defensive Coordinator this year, thank God. Pete Gale, former Great Bridge HC, took over. Not a bad start with the shutout. Changed the defense from a 3 man front to a 4. In my opinion it fits the talent much better. The defensive front is gonna be one of the best in the district, maybe one of the best in 4A.

Anyway, looking forward to chopping it up with y'all. Seems to be some pretty good folks here.

Agree. Glad to have you aboard. Like Navy said, hopefully you can provide us information on not just KF, but on many teams down that way. Thanks for joining.

Plus a Monday game puts you and Navy on the short week schedule to go to Salem next friday!:p But now its tonight so you get an extra day of rest!!

No surprise that Dinwiddie rolled the score up on Smithfield, but is it a surprise that Smithfield was able to put up 38 points? I don't know any details on how/when they scored their points.

I'm sure Navy will give a fill review of the game, but I can sum it up real easy. They threw the long pass with success. They have a really good QB, and a couple of receivers that are darn good.

Their running came was non-existent, but the Dinwiddie defense had a lot to do with that.

Smithfield shot themselves in the foot with six turnovers.

I'm sure Navy will give a fill review of the game, but I can sum it up real easy. They threw the long pass with success. They have a really good QB, and a couple of receivers that are darn good.

Their running came was non-existent, but the Dinwiddie defense had a lot to do with that.

Smithfield shot themselves in the foot with six turnovers.
6? Wow. Sounds like that game could have been a lot closer.

Reactions: Lafayette
Give me until lunch time and I will break it down for everyone. Smithfield has some playmakers.

Just finished the review Lafayette. Hope it helps you guys to get a feel for the game. Smithfield is a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT