ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Em Week 3 Comments

@1Gensfan I am planning to be there, but there are still a few moving parts that might derail things. Among other things, my younger brother has not been feeling well and I'm not sure if he'll feel like bringing me. I also have to consider that whatever bug has been bothering his family could be passed along to me. I joke with people that my immune system is so good (I rarely get sick, knock on wood) that it has nothing better to do than to attack my nervous system. (That's how MS works) But anyway, I can't afford to get sick. It can affect the MS and cause an exacerbation.

If I'm able to make it then I look forward to meeting you and and any other General's fans. I love meeting new people and talking! I've been told the handicapable seating is on the home side so you guys will have to put up with me. I hope to be there and get to meet and talk to everyone.

@OCBoy just curious about your pick JF over GW? You been around this board a while. Are you not buying GW that good or JF is the real deal this year?

He knows as long as the Christmas tree is coaching in forest, they’ve been relevant. A few of the northern schools in his area have made the trip down EVHS, Woodgrove, I think forest split those, but not blowouts or bad contests. Forest isn’t to be confused with the past, it’s not a one trick show like it was with Jones they got horses a lot of backs from last year young and old. Forest rolls up 350 on the ground against the eagles if not more.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Lol damn u had to call me out? I typically pick then switch picks the day before lol it was a tactic I used last year. I know nothing about either team.
Lol I see your plan!!! Sorry for calling you out but I knew I would get an honest none bias answer! I know that you don’t have a dog in this fight.

Reactions: OCBoy
He knows as long as the Christmas tree is coaching in forest, they’ve been relevant. A few of the northern schools in his area have made the trip down EVHS, Woodgrove, I think forest split those, but not blowouts or bad contests. Forest isn’t to be confused with the past, it’s not a one trick show like it was with Jones they got horses a lot of backs from last year young and old. Forest rolls up 350 on the ground against the eagles if not more.
Have you seen both GW and JF play this year?

I’d love to meet you rainman lol you should come to the game Friday. Gotta show you the horses we have up close.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Lol I see your plan!!! Sorry for calling you out but I knew I would get an honest none bias answer! I know that you don’t have a dog in this fight.
Lol it’s cool someone finally knows what I do now. I would love to be at that game especially if it’s gonna be high scoring.

Forest won both of those actually, both playoffs. Woodgrove was pretty much a blowout (60-38 I think?) with 2 woodgrove scores in the last couple minutes. Then EV was 63-55, shootout all game and drove me crazy.

Have you seen both GW and JF play this year?

On film I’ve seen JF, and GW not much other than film clips and highlights.

I’d love to meet you rainman lol you should come to the game Friday. Gotta show you the horses we have up close.

Unfortunately I will heading out of town for a friends wedding making me miss out on a game I’ve had marked since last season.

Forest won both of those actually, both playoffs. Woodgrove was pretty much a blowout (60-38 I think?) with 2 woodgrove scores in the last couple minutes. Then EV was 63-55, shootout all game and drove me crazy.

I was st the EVHS game but remember us playing woodgrove if not back to back seasons in playoffs but I could be wrong. I thought we loss to them the year they went on to play Salem.

On film I’ve seen JF, and GW not much other than film clips and highlights.

Unfortunately I will heading out of town for a friends wedding making me miss out on a game I’ve had marked since last season.
Darn, I wanted to talk some trash to you lol.. First you talk about Brandon Smith and now say GW is going to lose by 17.. You’re a funny guy lol!

Darn, I wanted to talk some trash to you lol.. First you talk about Brandon Smith and now say GW is going to lose by 17.. You’re a funny guy lol!

I just want to see if Brandon smith plays as well at penn state as he does at Louisa, what I’m saying is there’s a big difference ask jaylyn Holmes about big 10 play ask Curtis Grant about it too, it’s a different game same way I feel like SEC is another brand of football many VA players don’t mold well into (Kirven and hand) there are exceptions like johnathan Allen time will tell. I’m just giving you another lens to look at I wish the kids nothing but the best but im a realist. If I’m wrong I’m wrong I’m man enough to admit it and still comment. I see the cavs winning it’s not like they haven’t seen elite athletic talent they played heritage glass and etc who’s athletes would be comparable to highland springs in that context.

I was st the EVHS game but remember us playing woodgrove if not back to back seasons in playoffs but I could be wrong. I thought we loss to them the year they went on to play Salem.
JF went on to play Salem and got beat in the semis 42-21. 2015

I don't know what the weather looks like in your part of the state, but there is thunderstorms in the forecast for Friday night, Saturday, and Monday in my part. I am not a big fan of lightning delays and postponements.

The forecast around here is scattered thunderstorms on Friday, about 40% Chance (whatever that really means). Thursday nite is totally clear, another change coming ?

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Not sure if I'll go to a game this weekend. I mean no disrespect to Broadway but the only way I can see them holding Sherando to under 50 is if the game ends at halftime like last weekend.

Handley/Clarke County could be good. I'm worried about driving out there only to be sitting in the rain though.

Not sure if I'll go to a game this weekend. I mean no disrespect to Broadway but the only way I can see them holding Sherando to under 50 is if the game ends at halftime like last weekend.

Handley/Clarke County could be good. I'm worried about driving out there only to be sitting in the rain though.
As I was watching Skyline-Broadway, I was actually thinking, Man, Sherando could hang a 100 on either one of these teams. Had no idea that was actually on Broadway's schedule.

Reactions: mbonape1
@1Gensfan unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it to the game Friday night. My brother is still not feeling well. Hope for a good game with no injuries. Hopefully I can meet you in the future.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
@1Gensfan unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it to the game Friday night. My brother is still not feeling well. Hope for a good game with no injuries. Hopefully I can meet you in the future.

Sorry to hear that Mike. Prayers that your brother gets well soon. I am sure we will meet in the near future. I hope that your Spartans and the Generals come out injury free. BTW, a big Thank you for all you do on this board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT