ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 3 Comments

No knock to none of these but why isn’t JF/Danville a game of the week? It’s been entertaining to say the least the past 2 years?

Does anyone know if Rice is playing this week for LB?

I would love to see all of these matchups in person.
Massaponax @ Louisa*
North Stafford @ Dinwiddie*
Manchester @ Monacan
EC Glass @ Franklin Co
Tuscarora @ Woodgrove*
I would love to see all of these matchups.

How about Lake Taylor and Maury? That one is huge across both 4a and 5a classifications. If LT beats Maury then that is BIG. Maury has been talking trash about HSHS. If they want to play with Springs in 5a playoffs they better beat LT. I picked Maury but wouldn't be shocked if LT won.

Don't be surprised if Hampton is a player in the class 4 race. Biggest surprise of the season on the east is PH Ashland being 2-0 to start.

One thing I will tell you is class 3 is loaded this year with Phoebus, Norcom, Lafayette, Goochland, Hopewell, Petersburg all in the east.

Hard to tell who is really a good 4a team on the east. The Maury / LT game and the Louisa / Ponax game will start to create some separation or further muddy the waters.

I don't participate in your Pickem contest but somehow I feel compelled to give a bit of input on the Lake Taylor vs Maury game. IMHO, this is a toss up pickem game. Last year Lake Taylor beat them but Maury went on to win out the remainder of the season beating I.C. Norcom (Lake Taylor's only loss) and they beat I. River (won the SouthEastern District) in the playoffs. Maury has almost everyone back this year and are likely the favorites to repeat as Class 5 Reg A Champions.

So, if your looking to separate your choices amongst the others, Maury could be worthy for taking a chance. This game is definitely the game of the week down here and likely comparable to the Pheobus vs LT game.

Does anyone know if Rice is playing this week for LB?
I don't know what his injury is but I did hear he was using one of the small carts people use for lower leg injuries.

I don't participate in your Pickem contest but somehow I feel compelled to give a bit of input on the Lake Taylor vs Maury game. IMHO, this is a toss up pickem game. Last year Lake Taylor beat them but Maury went on to win out the remainder of the season beating I.C. Norcom (Lake Taylor's only loss) and they beat I. River (won the SouthEastern District) in the playoffs. Maury has almost everyone back this year and are likely the favorites to repeat as Class 5 Reg A Champions.

So, if your looking to separate your choices amongst the others, Maury could be worthy for taking a chance. This game is definitely the game of the week down here and likely comparable to the Pheobus vs LT game.
Thank you .I had forgotten about their run last yr.

How about Lake Taylor and Maury? That one is huge across both 4a and 5a classifications. If LT beats Maury then that is BIG. Maury has been talking trash about HSHS. If they want to play with Springs in 5a playoffs they better beat LT. I picked Maury but wouldn't be shocked if LT won.

Don't be surprised if Hampton is a player in the class 4 race. Biggest surprise of the season on the east is PH Ashland being 2-0 to start.

One thing I will tell you is class 3 is loaded this year with Phoebus, Norcom, Lafayette, Goochland, Hopewell, Petersburg all in the east.

Hard to tell who is really a good 4a team on the east. The Maury / LT game and the Louisa / Ponax game will start to create some separation or further muddy the waters.
I would like to see that one too .I watched the LT vs Phoebus game .Talk about a huge 4th down convertion! I also watched Hampton's first game. Might watch some of last weeks game tomorrow. The defense has been smothering so far. Good catch

Reactions: mbonape1
I don't know what his injury is but I did hear he was using one of the small carts people use for lower leg injuries.
Injured his ankle early in the game week 1 against Brookville. I think LB wins this week for sure if he is healthy but that doesn't sound likely.

Reactions: SFUWO
I was just wondering. Maybe one team had the upper hand on the other. 57-56 GW in 2017 and JF won with under 2 minutes left in the game last year. Good toss up game, no need for the extra “smh”.
There any number of games that could be chosen as the GOW each week. In the past and on various boards, folks who ran the pick em resigned because so many people wanted their teams games in the pick em every week and when they weren’t, they questioned and/or complained.

IMHO, play the pick em from the games listed. SMH.

Reactions: Gunz41
Maury has been talking trash about HSHS. If they want to play with Springs in 5a playoffs they better beat LT.
They will also need to defend the HSHS running game better than last time. That HSHS line returned! Did Maury find a QB? HSHS’s secondary is still there too. They talked trash to HSHS last year,and I imagine they left RVA a tad embarrassed!

Who has the better depth? LT or Maury?

Maury has almost everyone back this year and are likely the favorites to repeat as Class 5 Reg A Champions.

Hard to replace a QB like they had with his size, and mobility at that size,combined with his ability as a passer. I think they will be a good match up with Indian river this year in that region championship.

Too many to choose from. JF/GW, App/Her, & Glass/FC will all be good games. I wanted to keep the # of GOW's even between East and West.
you didn't need to say that mike as you already did in earlier post. guys they cant all be GOW but yet they really are.

They will also need to defend the HSHS running game better than last time. That HSHS line returned! Did Maury find a QB? HSHS’s secondary is still there too. They talked trash to HSHS last year,and I imagine they left RVA a tad embarrassed!

Who has the better depth? LT or Maury?
The trash talk will be part of the Maury vs LT game. But Coach Sawyers keeps his kids pretty focused. As far as Depth is concerned, Lake Taylor always has fewer numbers on the field vs their competition, but it doesn't to affect the game's outcome in most instances.

As for Maury's QB, they are pretty happy with who they have right now. It appears that the area writers feel he's good enough to keep the Commodores on top of the area rankings.

Oh, & this game is at Powhatan Field, ODU's soccer field, because Maury doesn't have a stadium.

Reactions: HooSprings
There any number of games that could be chosen as the GOW each week. In the past and on various boards, folks who ran the pick em resigned because so many people wanted their teams games in the pick em every week and when they weren’t, they questioned and/or complained.

IMHO, play the pick em from the games listed. SMH.
I wasn’t complaining. Each win was decided in the 4th quarter the past two years. Usually the toss up games are worth double. In my mind I was thinking that it wasn’t a game of the week because one team had the upper hand on it. Btw, GW is not my team. I live in Danville but I coach and teach in NC. I have no clue about most of these teams.

Maury/LT will probably be another high scoring game. I'll take LT with that RB they have, AND LT hasn't lost to Maury in 10 years.

I wasn’t complaining. Each win was decided in the 4th quarter the past two years. Usually the toss up games are worth double. In my mind I was thinking that it wasn’t a game of the week because one team had the upper hand on it. Btw, GW is not my team. I live in Danville but I coach and teach in NC. I have no clue about most of these teams.
Still don’t get it? Maybe you can set up your own pick em each week and then you will always have every game you think should be included?

Or you could just pick from the games included...

Still don’t get it? Maybe you can set up your own pick em each week and then you will always have every game you think should be included?

Or you could just pick from the games included...
I don’t think you get it. Clearly. Mike understands what I was saying thankfully.

Relevant, clever and articulate! Ive never been called a thug before...should I be insulted or flattered? No response required...its time for Gunsmoke on TVLAND!

Alright guys, the question was asked and answered, no need to keep that aspect of the conversation going. FOOTBALL! A lot of good ones this week.

Reactions: moto138
To ease this tension from an outside POV, I wouldn't have thought of that game as a GOW, JF did lose their coach, which sounds like a big reason for their success

To ease this tension from an outside POV, I wouldn't have thought of that game as a GOW, JF did lose their coach, which sounds like a big reason for their success

Yea, I mean was my thoughts as well. JF was good when Christmas was there, bad when he left, good when he came back, and now he's gone again. Most schools are exactly as good as their coach is and if a good coach leaves then things can go south and in a hurry. Maybe JF's new guy will be fine, we don't know yet, but I don't think I'd use the results of Christmas-led JF teams in recent years steer you into thinking that JF will play GW close and thus worthy of GOW hype.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT