ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 5 Comments

Mike, North Carolina only has four classes, so Olympic is C4 not C5, not that it really matters, just fyi. They aren't very good. The heathens farther south have five classes. Maybe that's what you were thinking, South Carolina.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
My bad thanks.
I like it but Godwin over Herm won’t be an upset. Godwin beat them last year and Godwin’s a better team than Herm this year from top to bottom. I’m going to watch Powhatan/Huguenot and Henrico/Varina on Thursday.

@10iceiceice I moved your comment over here. We use the Pick em page just to make picks. Thank you.

[Upsets picks of the week, Mills Godwin over Hermitage 24-21 ,Powhatan over Huguenot 35-34 and Hopewell over Dinwiddie 37-35 .
That Hopewell score will only happen if Dinwiddie is sleep walking into the game. If they come in focused that game could be over early. It’s all about which team shows up

Crest would've been a better match up for LB. Shelby maybe.
Who you got Friday? Big Chambo or Hough? I’m not sold on Chambers but I think they’re probably a better overall team than they were last year. Coaching will be the tale for the year. Wiggins is my guy but I feel like he has just enough me guys on that staff to sabotage the season.

I also think Kings Mountain is hella overrated and Dub C and Crest will do them dirtyyyy. That Burns game was ugly.

Who you got Friday? Big Chambo or Hough? I’m not sold on Chambers but I think they’re probably a better overall team than they were last year. Coaching will be the tale for the year. Wiggins is my guy but I feel like he has just enough me guys on that staff to sabotage the season.

I also think Kings Mountain is hella overrated and Dub C and Crest will do them dirtyyyy. That Burns game was ugly.

I'm pulling for Chambers, but I think Hough wins. The team from GA they lost to is turning out to be pretty good. Benedictine. They beat Ware County. They'll probably go undefeated the rest of the way. I just feel like they mailed it in the second half in that one which isn't good. Chambers really hasn't had a GOOD team since 2019-20 imo. Those guys were really physical and played with an edge. I'm just not seeing it this year, and it might be for the reason you mention. We'll see. 4A overall seems kinda down relative to past years.

West Charlotte would've beaten KM last year if they had any semblance of an offense! Lol. They're getting some of the kids that Chambers and Mallard Creek usually get. They're going to be good. I can't believe Crest beat Gaffney. Gaffney is a lot bigger on the lines. I really do think that'd be a good game for a Salem or Lord Botetourt. There's usually good football in Cleveland County.

I'm pulling for Chambers, but I think Hough wins. The team from GA they lost to is turning out to be pretty good. Benedictine. They beat Ware County. They'll probably go undefeated the rest of the way. I just feel like they mailed it in the second half in that one which isn't good. Chambers really hasn't had a GOOD team since 2019-20 imo. Those guys were really physical and played with an edge. I'm just not seeing it this year, and it might be for the reason you mention. We'll see. 4A overall seems kinda down relative to past years.

West Charlotte would've beaten KM last year if they had any semblance of an offense! Lol. They're getting some of the kids that Chambers and Mallard Creek usually get. They're going to be good. I can't believe Crest beat Gaffney. Gaffney is a lot bigger on the lines. I really do think that'd be a good game for a Salem or Lord Botetourt. There's usually good football in Cleveland County.
I watched Chamber’s pregame behavior against Benedictine and they’re still doing the same junk they did when Lash was there. I know Wiggins doesn’t like that stuff but my point is, I don’t know how much say he has within that program. A lot of their coaches condone it. Imagine doing all that jumping and hollering just to get your azz beat by 4 TDs. I’m a huge Chambers’ fan/follower but they just lack the discipline it takes to beat a Hough/Weddington/Butler/West Forsyth this year. I do believe they’re one of the few teams that could give Grimsley an L, just based off of what those DBs for Chambers could limit. Creek is Creek 😂 a lot of people got hype off of that Buford game but their offense is just pure garbage. You know Chambers’ starting QB was their second string QB last year and he’s putting up crazy numbers and looks wayyyyy better than Bubba Camp did those two years.

King’s Mountain is very soft. I saw them live 4 times last year. Dub C and East Lincoln punched KM in the mouth but the only difference was East kept their foot on the gas and W. Charlotte played like they knew KM was the 1 seed. Crest will win 3A this year. I don’t trust those offenses at West Charlotte or Dudley. That QB/WR combo at Crest is probably the most lethal in NC/VA combined.

I watched Chamber’s pregame behavior against Benedictine and they’re still doing the same junk they did when Lash was there. I know Wiggins doesn’t like that stuff but my point is, I don’t know how much say he has within that program. A lot of their coaches condone it. Imagine doing all that jumping and hollering just to get your azz beat by 4 TDs. I’m a huge Chambers’ fan/follower but they just lack the discipline it takes to beat a Hough/Weddington/Butler/West Forsyth this year. I do believe they’re one of the few teams that could give Grimsley an L, just based off of what those DBs for Chambers could limit. Creek is Creek 😂 a lot of people got hype off of that Buford game but their offense is just pure garbage. You know Chambers’ starting QB was their second string QB last year and he’s putting up crazy numbers and looks wayyyyy better than Bubba Camp did those two years.

King’s Mountain is very soft. I saw them live 4 times last year. Dub C and East Lincoln punched KM in the mouth but the only difference was East kept their foot on the gas and W. Charlotte played like they knew KM was the 1 seed. Crest will win 3A this year. I don’t trust those offenses at West Charlotte or Dudley. That QB/WR combo at Crest is probably the most lethal in NC/VA combined.

You talking about Tre Robinson? Transferred from Mallard Creek. Yeah, he's not bad. But, yeah, Benedictine wasn't having any of that nonsense 😂. You talk QB play. Their QB is going to FSU. They had something to prove. Man, they didn't let up! They got like 400 students. Top 10 in GA across all classes. I'm sure that's all home grown talent from right there in Savannah 👀 Lol. They're pretty good. But there's no way Chambers should've taken a beaten the way they did. Echols, that year, they would not have laid down like that.

I watched some of Creek vs Buford. Honestly, Buford could've put that game away handily, but they kept trying to get the edge running the ball, and that's playing right into Creek's strength on defense. Because they have a lot of speed. I have no idea what they're trying to do on offense. Tough without a QB though.

And, yeah, Javarius Green at Crest can move! That is a good combo. I think West Charlotte will have something for them, though, maybe, we'll see. I'm betting it's one of those two.

Is LB any good this year? I know they've had some good teams recently. I don't know how good they are. This might be interesting for no other reason than Olympic is probably about twice the size of LB as far as enrollment. South Meck is like that though. Ardrey Kell. Myers Park. Average at best. Myers Park caught fire with Drake Maye. Ran into Chambers (or Richmond?) in the playoffs. Olympic, last year, didn't really play anyone. Indy rolled them in the playoffs. I'd say if LB is any good at all, they should win by a couple scores. 2A Shelby put up 50 on this team. Either way, it'll probably be good experience for both teams.

Last edited:
You talking about Tre Robinson? Transferred from Mallard Creek. Yeah, he's not bad. But, yeah, Benedictine wasn't having any of that nonsense 😂. You talk QB play. Their QB is going to FSU. They had something to prove. Man, they didn't let up! They got like 400 students. Top 10 in GA across all classes. I'm sure that's all home grown talent from right there in Savannah 👀 Lol. They're pretty good. But there's no way Chambers should've taken a beaten the way they did. Echols, that year, they would not have laid down like that.

I watched some of Creek vs Buford. Honestly, Buford could've put that game away handily, but they kept trying to get the edge running the ball, and that's playing right into Creek's strength on defense. Because they have a lot of speed. I have no idea what they're trying to do on offense. Tough without a QB though.

And, yeah, Javarius Green at Crest can move! That is a good combo. I think West Charlotte will have something for them, though, maybe, we'll see. I'm betting it's one of those two.
Yep Tre Robinson. They were looking for a QB all spring/summer and he fell into their laps. Had a kid from Asheville (?? He was from the mountains) but I guess the transfer fell through. WILD how those high level Charlotte schools just reload out of nowhere.

Creek is now Chambers’ little brother. They get the big bodies and it’s enough defensive guys to go around (even North Meck has some very good defensive players), but the high level skill in North Charlotte are going to Chambers, I don’t care how James Martin Middle’s football team has fallen off. I never fall for the Creek hype.

Dub C will definitely be in the conversation. Even if they lose to Chambers and Hough, they’ll have the most impressive resume of any of the 3A teams, although that Gaffney win was huge for Crest.

According to the Peninsula District web site both of their football games tomorrow, Heritage vs Woodside & Menchville at Kecoughtan, are postponed to November 2nd

Reactions: mike salem
The postponed games - FRIDAY (9/22) HERITAGE vs WOODSIDE – ppd to 11/2 MENCHVILLE at KECOUGHTAN – ppd to 11/2 LAFAYETTE at SMITHFIELD – ppd to 9/25 BRUTON at GRAFTON – ppd, no date yet YORK at JAMESTOWN – ppd, no date yet - SATURDAY (9/23) PHOEBUS vs BETHEL – ppd to 10/17

UPDATE: The
@POWHS_Football
at
@HuguenotFB
game scheduled for tonight will now kick at 6pm on Monday 9/25.

The postponed games - FRIDAY (9/22) HERITAGE vs WOODSIDE – ppd to 11/2 MENCHVILLE at KECOUGHTAN – ppd to 11/2 LAFAYETTE at SMITHFIELD – ppd to 9/25 BRUTON at GRAFTON – ppd, no date yet YORK at JAMESTOWN – ppd, no date yet - SATURDAY (9/23) PHOEBUS vs BETHEL – ppd to 10/17

UPDATE: The
@POWHS_Football
at
@HuguenotFB
game scheduled for tonight will now kick at 6pm on Monday 9/25.
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: pizzzzza
@BoKnowsSports Hough's kicker: 4/4 FGs; kicked a 53 yarder. F: 19-13 Huskies.
Thanks bro. Knew Chambers wouldn’t beat Hough. I watched the JV game last night and Chambers had 20+ people on their sideline who weren’t players or coaches. Just a mess. Looks unorganized and chaotic. Chambers went from being one of the best coached teams in the state to being a bunch of video premadonnas. May make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

How about KC Concepcion though? 7 receptions, 2 TDs including a 48 yard TD.

@CountryClubJoesSecretAlias

Check it out. This is actually the varsity game from tonight. It’s just as many coaches/random people on Chambers’ sideline as players. Tells me that maybe the head coach doesn’t have full control of that program. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

You might very well be right. JV lost too. First loss of the season I believe. Hough is not bad though. Not as explosive on offense as some of their other teams, but a good defense, and man that kicker is ridiculous!

I figured KC would be good. I'm surprised that game was as close as it was. Virginia put up a real fight.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT