ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 8 Comments

I didn't pick it because I just figured everyone would pick Oscar Smith. Do you think KF will keep it within 3 scores? I know OS/Phoebus in Week 11 will be a pick em game.
Fair. I actually got King’s Fork winning this one. Their defense is really good. OS gets everyone in the 757’s best. I think it’s a 1 score game either way.

Reactions: mike salem
I really have 0 confidence in Western Albemarle over Louisa, but my nephew is on the WA JV so I let that cloud my judgment.

Reactions: mike salem
This is our District game of the year IMO but both an upset and a running clock are unlikely. Predicting a Smith 21- KF 3 score.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
This is our District game of the year IMO but both an upset and a running clock are unlikely. Predicting a Smith 21- KF 3 score.
I like it. A few years ago KF ended OS’s long district win streak I believe. I think KF and OS are destined to play in the big game this year. Don’t know if KF has the offense to score on a very good Smith defense but I think they have the players on D to contain a very good Smith offense. I’ve seen the 804 contenders in Varina, PH Ashland, and Dinwiddie live but I’m not sure if any of those teams have the firepower it takes to beat King’s Fork.

King's Fork shut down the top athletes that Western Branch & Deep Creek had and I think they will represent our 757 area well in the playoffs. BUT Class 4 might be one of the toughest to win a title in this year.

King's Fork shut down the top athletes that Western Branch & Deep Creek had and I think they will represent our 757 area well in the playoffs. BUT Class 4 might be one of the toughest to win a title in this year.
I agree. I believe Varina is better than Highland Springs (just way more undisciplined) this year so that should say something . We’ll definitely get a chance to know for sure soon. I’d have to say 1. Salem, 2. Varina/King’s Fork 4. Broad Run 5. King George/Glass/GW are my favorites in Class 4 at this point in order.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I agree. I believe Varina is better than Highland Springs (just way more undisciplined) this year so that should say something . We’ll definitely get a chance to know for sure soon. I’d have to say 1. Salem, 2. Varina/King’s Fork 4. Broad Run 5. King George/Glass/GW are my favorites in Class 4 at this point in order.
Salem not explosive in the running game this year. Final 4, final 8 team. They are a great tailback away from their 11th State Championship, but alas they don't have one.

I was wrong big time @mike salem @757FridayNiteZ. Big win by OS. Still two very good teams. I don’t think anybody in 6A will beat the Tigers.
The usual scenario for these games vs Smith.. Some pretty equal play for the 1st quarter..Maybe 2.. Then the OL/DL starts imposing it's dominance to result in the blowout.

King's Fork's Coach was an assistant @ Smith for a couple of years.. He's done a good job but I wouldn't want his job of figuring out a game plan vs Smith.. There's no way to focus on shutting down 1-2 key players.

KF is going to continue to do well moving forward.. Their JV team played tough with a near miss 20-24 on Thursday..

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The usual scenario for these games vs Smith.. Some pretty equal play for the 1st quarter..Maybe 2.. Then the OL/DL starts imposing it's dominance to result in the blowout.

King's Fork's Coach was an assistant @ Smith for a couple of years.. He's done a good job but I wouldn't want his job of figuring out a game plan vs Smith.. There's no way to focus on shutting down 1-2 key players.

KF is going to continue to do well moving forward.. Their JV team played tough with a near miss 20-24 on Thursday..
I plan on checking out the Smith/Phoebus game. IMO, it will be the same outcome in Smith’s favor, maybe a little closer.

Game was very equal until the flags came out. 18 first half penalties for KF. 5 for Smith who has struggled just as much with penalties this year.

Every time KF had a big play a flag was thrown.

Of course less penalties in the second half. Didn't look like KF was playing any different than they have the entire season. Score was where it needed to be though.

Be interesting to see if Smith is able to play so penalty free the rest of the year.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Can’t understand Heritage and Amherst... seems like such inconsistency. Being just a spectator I can’t feel OK to guess why. But both teams play at such a high and low level at different times
Amherst has been hit by Covid for many games. Their first two games were suspended but made up the GW game. Last week against Glass, several players were out for different reasons. Not sure what happened to Heritage against LCA. I thought the game would have been closer

Amherst has been hit by Covid for many games. Their first two games were suspended but made up the GW game. Last week against Glass, several players were out for different reasons. Not sure what happened to Heritage against LCA. I thought the game would have been closer
Agreed I thought LCA would win but did not think it would be that dominant. And with Amherst it is just weird, they can’t put it all together but I guess the players out is part

Agreed I thought LCA would win but did not think it would be that dominant. And with Amherst it is just weird, they can’t put it all together but I guess the players out is part
LCA was really good in the spring. They are even better now. I see them playing the Phantoms in the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT