piedmont district games and predictions

tylerrossfc10

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 30, 2016
patrick county off
halifax 21 tunstall 14
gw danville 60 martinsville 0
magna vista 27 bassett 14

magna vista gets 2 seed and bassett will get 7 seed and will play again next week but at magna vista
halifax gets 5 seed and will travel to 4 seed blacksburg
gw danville gets 6 seed and will travel to pulaski
patrick county gets 7 seed and will travel to radford
tunstall will be watching
martinsville getting ready for basketball season

Halifax 24 Tunstall 12
Magna vista 35 Bassett 18
GW 61 Matinsville 10

Halifax barely holds onto the 4th seed
GW and Blacksburg tie with points and I don't know how the tie breaker is figured. Would rather see a Blackburg/Halifax game than a rematch of GW/Halifax.

Every game MV has lost... turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.... Bassett D shut em down for the most part.. what i was afraid of.. good win for Bassett, that muse kid was the dagger.. small but can ball.

if my numbers are correct mv will get 3 seed and bassett based on rider points will be 6 seed and we will get rematch

Magna Vista offense is it’s on worst enemy, turn overs, bad reads, short passes in the dirt and no drive blocking. Time to suck it up and be accountable. Their leaders had a really bad night, fumbles, indecision and lackluster effort. A senior , huge O line that needs a big dose of nasty injected in them. If the offense continues with business as normal their trip to playoff land will be justifiably short. There’s a difference in peaking for the playoffs and sneaking into the playoffs. Time for the Warriors to man up and play football, it’s all about blocking, tackling and want to.
I think I saw at least 3 fumbles in the highlights from one of the Fri football shows. Can't do that in the playoffs.

I think it was 4 lost fumbles, although they fumbled more but got it back.. 1 interception. Fumble the punt on the opening offense possession. That set the tone early, then the dagger was when MV could have used up some clock at the end of the game, fumble. That gave Bassett the ball at midfield, and totally switched momentum. I was worried about MV offense going into the game.. it looks more like last years team, than the team that started the year. No 2 back sets, kylan kid barley sees the field now. QB not having time to throw. Its like the offense plays in slow motion.

Reactions: mike salem
The MV offensive coaches needs to get there stuff together. They have made NO adjustments all year to fix anything. Still the same ole predictable offense week in and week out. The kids are going to play how they are coached. It looks like the fight and heart left MV when half of the coaches went to the other end of town. My hats off to Coach Johnson and his staff they made adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT