ADVERTISEMENT

PM getting a new coach??

Oct 16, 2016
Lexington
Rumors, I say again rumors. I've heard from very reliable sources that this will be PM head coach Mike Crafts last season. Anyone else heard that? Name I've been hearing is Fields, Bath Co former coach is coming.

Fields is a very creative coach I must say. I've heard it from a few people but you know how rumors are. I really wanted him to come with me to NC years ago but at the time he was loaded at B.C. with the Phillips brothers.

Well, thats depressing if true. Coach Craft has meant so much for that community in the last 5 years.

Fields is an excellent coach. But one thing I've learned over the years is Buena Vista is not keen to change. Admittedly, I heard the same thing at the end of last year and heard that Jack Turner was going to take a year off and then head up to BV.

Last edited:
Well, thats depressing if true. Coach Craft has meant so much for that community in the last 5 years.
Rumors, I say again rumors. I've heard from very reliable sources that this will be PM head coach Mike Crafts last season. Anyone else heard that? Name I've been hearing is Fields, Bath Co former coach is coming.

Fields is an excellent coach. But one thing I've learned over the years is Buena Vista is not keen to change. Admittedly, I heard the same thing at the end of last year and heard that Jack Turner was going to take a year off and then head up to BV.

Coach Craft is the main reason Parry McClure has become the main team I follow since moving to Va. 2 and a half years ago. He reminds me a whole lot of my old high school coach back in Georgia. supposedly, Bear Bryant told him his team was the best conditioned and must fundamentally sound football team he had ever seen, and it was a crying shame that he didn't see a single one of his kids that were good enough to play for him. He was our coach for 38 years and retired in 1997 with the most wins and 3rd highest winning percentage of any coach in all high school football in Georgia. We only had about 11 or 12 plays in the play book, and only threw about 2 or three passes a game. Coach Craft comes as close to him philosophically as any coach I've seen. I haven't seen any of PM's practices, but I bet there is a lot of repetition of everything going on. He is the sort of coach whose teams might not be appreciated to much by a casual fan, but a former player who knows and appreciates a well coached team when he sees one just can't get enough of the Blues these days.
BTW, any idea who might be offering him? If it's true, I hope he has a good agent that can geet him max money. I hope he doesn't leave, but if he does I wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: mmqp
If coach Craft steps down from coaching I would pretty much guarantee you it won't be to coach elsewhere. He has been 100% invested in Parry McCluer his whole career. I may be way off here but I doubt it.

The rumors are not true. I am not interested in coaching at PMHS. I am honored to be mentioned though. I have long admired and respected his teams and I know first hand that BV is home to some good coaches. Whenever Coach Craft decides to hang it up he has some very good and very loyal assistants that would do the Blues proud.

W. Fields

Coach Fields, you did some great things up at Bath. And were a thorn in the side of my beloved Blues..you guys gave us "heck" each and every time we played you LOL! I wish you the best of luck at Alleghany!!

Reactions: oldballcoach13

It would be a great fit with Coach Turner as the coach, his old school approach and PM would mesh well for all. Watched one game with Auburn and PM a few years ago, great game. Both coaches did a great job with teams.The fans from PM understand and appreciate football, remind me of the old Cougar faithful.

Reactions: mmqp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT