ADVERTISEMENT

Poqouson vs Central Score Updates

Been about 17 flags in the last five plays. Islanders had an 80 yard run called back on a penalty. They’re about to punt back to Central with 2:49 left in the 3rd.

What was the deal with the Poquoson player leaving during the game? Could not see what happened other than he walked towards the baseball field

What was the deal with the Poquoson player leaving during the game? Could not see what happened other than he walked towards the baseball field
I had a front row seat to that spectacle. A player was very upset about something. He shouted an expletive which caused a coach to yell "Watch your mouth!" from the sideline. The player did or said something which caused that same coach to charge at him and get in his face. He and about 3-4 of his coaches then got into a physcal scuffle. No other players got involved. Officials halted the game momentarily and summoned law enforcement to the sideline.

My personal opinion is that most of the coaches were just trying to control the kid and keep him from hitting them. I did see 1 coach who seem to be egging him on and daring him to do something. That guy has no business coaching at any level. I didn't recognize him, so I think he must be new.

It was embarassing and not handled well at all. The kid was clearly in distress, but everyone was focused on the game. Someone, be it a trainer or other staff member, should have recognized he needed attention and just talked to him. Instead, he was left alone to melt down. I saw great leadership from his teammates who had tried to talk to him before the incident, but he needed an adult.

I had a front row seat to that spectacle. A player was very upset about something. He shouted an expletive which caused a coach to yell "Watch your mouth!" from the sideline. The player did or said something which caused that same coach to charge at him and get in his face. He and about 3-4 of his coaches then got into a physcal scuffle. No other players got involved. Officials halted the game momentarily and summoned law enforcement to the sideline.

My personal opinion is that most of the coaches were just trying to control the kid and keep him from hitting them. I did see 1 coach who seem to be egging him on and daring him to do something. That guy has no business coaching at any level. I didn't recognize him, so I think he must be new.

It was embarassing and not handled well at all. The kid was clearly in distress, but everyone was focused on the game. Someone, be it a trainer or other staff member, should have recognized he needed attention and just talked to him. Instead, he was left alone to melt down. I saw great leadership from his teammates who had tried to talk to him before the incident, but he needed an adult.
Well then I agree that the coach that was egging him on should not be a coach at all. It is said that everyone was focused on the game I mean I get it but there needs to be someone that can and willing to help talk to the kids in a situation like that. It could have been a lot worse. At the end of the day it is just a game and the kids well being is more important.

That’s wild. Doesn’t at all seem like the Poquoson team that played KW. They were calm and collected the whole game with a great coaching staff and game plan. Sad to hear that happened in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT