ADVERTISEMENT

Poquoson @ Amelia

LHS Rams

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 29, 2016
Does anyone have any insight on Amelia?

I heard there's a possibility this game could be played at Poquoson, since they have a turf field....

I don't have geographical knowledge of where either team is located, but why would Amelia give up home field advantage?

I'm assuming their field is grass and might not be playable...if so, I'm sure Amelia would try and secure a field closer to home somewhere, but if they can't, it sounds like Poquoson's a possibility.

Really? That is surprising. No ties to either school but that is crazy to give up home field. I am in he minority in thinking it’s a travesty when Essex has to host somewhere else. You do what you have to do to host by playing and most likely winning on that field all year. Wet conditions aside, play the game, if all these teams need perfect conditions, play an indoor sport. Ridiculous.

Really? That is surprising. No ties to either school but that is crazy to give up home field. I am in he minority in thinking it’s a travesty when Essex has to host somewhere else. You do what you have to do to host by playing and most likely winning on that field all year. Wet conditions aside, play the game, if all these teams need perfect conditions, play an indoor sport. Ridiculous.
im with you? wonder what the reason is? thats crazy its in CVille? HUH? that is a 3 hour ride from Poq and a 1.5 ride from CVille.

The King William and Goochland game has been moved also. To Fluvanna High School at 7pm on Friday.

I think it was smart to move both games. Those fields where in really bad shape after the games last week and the rain did them no favors this week. The field doesn't have to be perfect but it should be safe to play on. Just my opinion.

I think it was smart to move both games. Those fields where in really bad shape after the games last week and the rain did them no favors this week. The field doesn't have to be perfect but it should be safe to play on. Just my opinion.
Fields in bad shape. I laugh my ass off of this here. I played in 1967-69 on obviously all grass fields which were muddy in September and hard as rock by late October in Northern New Jersey. Not once did I even hear of switching fields.

Fields in bad shape. I laugh my ass off of this here. I played in 1967-69 on obviously all grass fields which were muddy in September and hard as rock by late October in Northern New Jersey. Not once did I even hear of switching fields.

Couldn't switch to turf, so why bother, right? :p

Reactions: chapel_hill615
I've never understood moving games either, it's football. It's meant to be played outdoors in whatever conditions. Truly good teams and staff would make changes to game plan. To me, an unforgiving surface such as turf leads to more injuries with knees, shoulders, and concussions. A wet field feet, ankles, and knees move with the ground. Turf they catch and the leg has nowhere to go so something has to give.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT