ADVERTISEMENT

Posts deleted/locked

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
So obviously this board is headed down a road that I don’t think many wanna be a part of. Yes the spirit for each persons team or teams is there but I see way too many things getting personal. Things being locked out prematurely and posts or posters not being blocked fast enough. I’m with a few others on the board that are about to throw the towel in and just be over it. This is definitely not the vapreps of a few years ago

So obviously this board is headed down a road that I don’t think many wanna be a part of. Yes the spirit for each persons team or teams is there but I see way too many things getting personal. Things being locked out prematurely and posts or posters not being blocked fast enough. I’m with a few others on the board that are about to throw the towel in and just be over it. This is definitely not the vapreps of a few years ago

Well what do you suggest? I'm not saying it in a sarcastic way, as you are right, but things seem to have been more fighting than actual discussions recently as well.

Reactions: OCBoy
Well I have to learn how to do things better. I've only been the moderator about a month. The football board has had issues with both intolerance and intolerable behavior for the past couple of years. There have been people who troll, and bait. It should have been stopped. Im Definitely trying to fix things by actively moderating throughout the day. When I first started a few posters were testing me the new guy like rebellious teenagers. I attempted to fix more subtly at first. Some continued to behave poorly. I tried to gradually step up the punishment that didn't seem to help because i actually received text messages from a poster who criticized me privately then came at me publicly subtly and even overtly. I warned him and nothing I did moderated behavior with this one guy. He pushed me over the cliff and I went full blown red button Defcon 1 nuclear codes on the situation. The situation got worse before it Will ever have a chance to get better.

I want to be better

I want this message board to be better.

I will do whatever it takes within reason to make it better.

A poster will collect dust on the bench If you work against me.

Anyway enough about me, How can I help?

I see a lot of people picking sides, and ganging up against other or another poster(s) especially when their opinion highlights how their team maybe superior to another. Often times speaking on something you’re passionate about emits feelings and emotion, but too often things become personal. Multiple posters have felt attacked or baited into a response not conducive to promoting a healthy message board and VApreps as a whole suffers bc it steers people further away longtime posters as well as new ones. People get their feelings hurt too easily on here bc of disagreement or opposing feelings, people intentionally like some posts and not like others. Sorry but it’s a fact ever notice some people always like “poster A” but solely like “poster B” when they post in favor of “poster A”. Some posters get tremendous support from the community of posters while others get far less, every year it’s like a new poster becomes the bad guy or attempts to be ostracized for their opinion. Unfortunately we won’t all get along and eventually my team will play yours, and somebody has to come out the winner but don’t feel some type of way if yours isn’t the winner, back to the drawing board and understand somebody may have seen the game differently than you. You feel the refs cheated I feel they didn’t, etc, I feel that our players are the best, you think they’re marginal or d3 caliber, I don’t like your concessions, eat before you come then etc. at the end of the day we are all human and will make mistakes but don’t take away the vibrant conversations and debates because of personal feelings. I think we all are grown and if you don’t like what someone says don’t read it or feed into it, once you retort a response don’t be upset if someone retorts one your way.

Everyone is free to post whatever emotion they feel unless it involves attacking someone now especially now and then going forward.

Humor is appreciated and I like that.

I want every one here whether you posted before and left if you are a current poster I want you here. If you've been hurt I'm sorry that I can't do anything now but going forward we're going to work on that. So I said this before how can I help now?

Reactions: OCBoy and Gunz41
Everyone is free to post whatever emotion they feel unless it involves attacking someone now especially now and then going forward.

Humor is appreciated and I like that.

I want every one here whether you posted before and left if you are a current poster I want you here. If you've been hurt I'm sorry that I can't do anything now but going forward we're going to work on that. So I said this before how can I help now?

If you really want to help, send me the winning lottery numbers.

lol if you text someone IRL about this board, log out and never come back because you are mentally unwell. That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time, the hell is wrong with some of you bugging a guy with the kind of medical problems he has with your messageboard insecurities. No joke, that's not healthy behavior in the slightest.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and SFUWO
Also someone gimme a rundown of what I missed in the last like 2 weeks because apparently it was something.

Also someone gimme a rundown of what I missed in the last like 2 weeks because apparently it was something.
I will message you directly at some point but I don't think anybody wants that on the board right now especially me I just have to clean up a mess then

Just trying to clean up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT