ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Talk

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

Just a few questions/statements to get the conversation going..... (can also include 3A programs)

State champion prediction?
Cinderella story/most improved team?
Biggest drop off?
Most notable college prospects?
Potential coaching changes/up and coming potential head coaches?

Reactions: Shruikan
Just a few questions/statements to get the conversation going..... (can also include 3A programs)

State champion prediction?
Cinderella story/most improved team?
Biggest drop off?
Most notable college prospects?
Potential coaching changes/up and coming potential head coaches?

Champion: Sherando

Most improved team: I don't think there will be a "Cinderella" in the sense of a "12-seed" winning the championship, but I'd bet on Woodgrove being up there with the most improved teams that can make it to the final four.

Biggest drop-off: Blacksburg. Great program but I think they're going to rebuild this year.

Reactions: OCBoy and hamspear
I will go with most improved this year- being Charlottesville , just got a feeling they will be tough.
Friend of mine coaches there and he is doing good things .
State champ prediction- the odds are with Salem, they don’t ever drop off much if ever lately . And they return a great core of players from last season. They also execute as well as any team I have ever seen with whoever is in the game regardless of injury backup etc...
I think Kettle Run will be up this year , they will be my most improved in the area I know on the north side of the state.
Woodgrove will be right there also, look for them to be back in the mix especially if they beat a couple of 5A teams on the schedule , which will give them solid points for home field in the playoffs .
Have to watch out for Handley in the Northwestern , tons of talent and a new coach . They could be a very inspired team.
Millbrook has Savon Smith still, he will win many games on his own this year. Just give him the ball.

Reactions: OCBoy
If EV is the state champion... they will be undefeated. Any other potential State champion will have one loss.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Champion: Sherando

Most improved team: I don't think there will be a "Cinderella" in the sense of a "12-seed" winning the championship, but I'd bet on Woodgrove being up there with the most improved teams that can make it to the final four.

Biggest drop-off: Blacksburg. Great program but I think they're going to rebuild this year.

What does Sherando have returning? I know they looked pretty athletic at Salem last year but they got into a hole very quick. They were athletic and had size but they just couldn’t match Salem once the Spartans got rolling. Of course a lot of teams do that against Salem so you can’t completely fault them for that.

What does Sherando have returning? I know they looked pretty athletic at Salem last year but they got into a hole very quick. They were athletic and had size but they just couldn’t match Salem once the Spartans got rolling. Of course a lot of teams do that against Salem so you can’t completely fault them for that.

Sherando was almost all Juniors and Sophomores last year, so they have most of their big names back. The Salem game was ugly but I think the experience will help them this year for sure. They'll know what level they need to be at to win the big game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT