10. Ridgeview

Honorable Mention:
Dan River
King William
Chatham
Stuarts Draft
Bruton

Matthew Hatfield
serves as Publisher for VirginiaPreps.com, part of the Rivals.com Network, and is a regular contributor to the ACC Sports Journal. Check out Hatfield’s Twitter page for more sports related updates, and you can also read his work in the Suffolk News Herald. To contact Matthew, please e-mail hatfieldsports2k4@yahoo.com, and don’t forget to listen to him from 10 AM to Noon on 757 Saturday Sports Talk on ESPN Radio 94.1.

I would swap JR and Radford. Radford is really talented but really young. it is going to take them some time. JR has talent and experience. They were inconsistent last year so that may be what he factored in. I don't know some of the other teams but I would expect Floyd is too high. They don't have any depth.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
The team not on this list that might be in the top 4 teams in the state is Graham. I guess much of this poll ranking is going by what returns. It's what Graham adds. Bradshaw is playing from what I'm told. They also have the Clements kid at running back who I understand is playing and he's a dart. Graham had a kid that was injured last year that is back. As good as Union was, and as good as Union, Gate City, and Ridgeview will be, do not be surprised if Graham wins Region D. They are actually going to be loaded in talent compared to last year and will be far, far better than last year. Blevins, the QB/LB is playing as is Brody Meadows younger brother, Brayden. The Bears of Union are the Region favorites and they should be, and they only lost 1 starter in Rasnick, but that is and was a huge loss. Rasnick was the glue to that team, and Union is still a top 4 team in the state I think for sure, but I'm telling ya, Graham is going to be right there and can compete with them in Region D. Gate City and Ridgeview are going to be very good, but Graham I think will be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike777VSP
The team not on this list that might be in the top 4 teams in the state is Graham. I guess much of this poll ranking is going by what returns. It's what Graham adds. Bradshaw is playing from what I'm told. They also have the Clements kid at running back who I understand is playing and he's a dart. Graham had a kid that was injured last year that is back. As good as Union was, and as good as Union, Gate City, and Ridgeview will be, do not be surprised if Graham wins Region D. They are actually going to be loaded in talent compared to last year and will be far, far better than last year. Blevins, the QB/LB is playing as is Brody Meadows younger brother, Brayden. The Bears of Union are the Region favorites and they should be, and they only lost 1 starter in Rasnick, but that is and was a huge loss. Rasnick was the glue to that team, and Union is still a top 4 team in the state I think for sure, but I'm telling ya, Graham is going to be right there and can compete with them in Region D. Gate City and Ridgeview are going to be very good, but Graham I think will be better.
Union lost two starters. Rasnick to graduation and Cusano to leaving the area. I heard all about how great Graham was last year, not from you but from other people, and then they didn't even beat GC to get to play Union. Union will not be as good while Graham is supposed to be better, so it's possible Graham surpasses them but it's easy to see why anyone would be skeptical.

James River’s schedule includes 3 of those top ten in addition to several other larger schools and a couple tournaments. They should be battle tested by tourney time, should be an interesting year for Knight fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT