ADVERTISEMENT

Princess Anne High School Football

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
Phillip Sims @coachphilsims1
5g9Z0cue_400x400.jpg

I’m extremely thankful and grateful for the positive outpouring over the past 24 hours. It is my extreme pleasure to announce that I have accepted the Head Football Coach Position at Princess Anne High School. Now let’s get to work!!
#PAStrong

#ImComingHOME

• Wow
Reactions: gwb16
Just curious. Is this a good hire? Coach Simms has 5 1/2 years of experience as a head coach. He went 11-21 at John Marshall and 0-2 in the playoffs. He went 6-17 at JR Tucker and was 0-1 in the playoffs. Coach Simms has had one above .500 season. I know he improved the John Marshall program each year and the kids played hard for him. Tucker not so much. He once again takes over a struggling (0-10) program. What are the odds of Coach Simms turning things around?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Wow, I never realized that PA had such an abysmal record. Why is this the case? With one rare exception, they have been horrible for more than 20 years.

You can debate if this was a good hire for PA, but you can also debate if this is a good job for Sims?

But, with Sims record, and PA coming off of an 0-10 season, in which they were out scored 457 to 93, it can‘t get much worse. So hell, let’s see what happens.

PA kind of gets screwed in the Virginia Beach school system. They only get one half of one middle school (Independence MS) while all other high schools get at minimum two halves of two middle schools. For example, Bayside HS gets the other half of Independence and ALL of Bayside MS.

Their "academy" is the IB program, which, let's face it, does not churn out a ton of football players traditionally. Additionally, what I was told is that a lot of the special education program for those with developmental disabilities is housed at PA. So that means that a large portion of their student body is made of students who will more than likely never be involved in football.

Yes sir, thanks for the explanation. I understand now. Often times these situations are because the student population has transitioned over to Latino, but I was pretty sure this wasn’t the case at PA.

Yes sir, thanks for the explanation. I understand now. Often times these situations are because the student population has transitioned over to Latino, but I was pretty sure this wasn’t the case at PA.
Yeah, not in this instance. I'm not sure if it's always been that way at PA or not, but it is now. Right now, Kempsville and Green Run have things pretty locked up at the beach. There are still plenty of athletes at PA, just have to be a good hallway recruiter and get them to come out and play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT