ADVERTISEMENT

Private School Season About To Start

Carlisle lost 1 player from their state championship team so they are the team to beat. No great individual players but 4 -5 kids that can break 78. Woodberry is always very deep but they can only play at Woodberry. Kyger is a very good player. Collegiate is usally pretty good but they are not as deep as they usually are. Paul IV is the defending state champ for the lower division but they cannot compete with the schools in the upper division. Pinkos is getting a little better each year. St Christopers has two kids that are going to play DI golf and could be the darkhorse if they can get some players to back up Wells and Chalkley. But I think they lost too much from last year to top Carlisle

1) Carlisle
2) Woodberry
3) St Chris
4) Collegiate
5) PaulIV
6) Hampton Roads

ICoachThem you are right on about your predictions. Prep League tournament concluded yesterday and Woodberry beat St Christophers by 14 shots. But I think Woodberry will beat Carlisle in the state tournament followed by Paul VI and then St Christophers. Woodberry is VERY deep and St Christophers has no depth after their first player as they have 5 other guys that shoot around 80.

Your thoughts?

well soonergolf....

I think I coach them nailed it and Carlisle will be odds on to win its 3rd straight state championship next year since everyone returns...plus If Milt barber comes form the same area ( WFS '11)..Adkins,Wise,rothrock and Jensen will all return and lets rmeemebr Carlisle CHOOSES to play up a division to play the best ( even when the schools change the rules midstream)...

Re: well soonergolf....

Finally back at work..

Well I did luck out and predict that Carlisle would win... The Private School State Tournament has been won by Carlisle 2 years in a row and congrats to them... They have a nice program as well as a coach that serves as a PGA pro and a good instructor for the school program.

But this tournament needs to be moved to a real golf course and played over 2 days. AD's will never go for a 2 day event due to the fact that it is near the end of the school year and too many classes will be missed... but I like to see players (teams and individuals) sleep on the lead and see how they handle the pressure.

oh by the way..Carlisle will win again.. big deal about playing up, if it was Football, I would be impressed but with golf you only need 3-4 average high school players and Carlisle has that covered better than any one else in the private school divisions (probably better than most Public schools as well)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT