ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski 35, Bluefield, WV 33, Final

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
It was a great game at Mitchell Stadium in Bluefield as the Cougars got a big win tonight on the road against a historical power in AA Bluefield, WV. Pulaski ran the ball really well against Bluefield and controlled lots of clock. Bluefield dropped a touchdown pass at the goal line with just over 3 minutes left that would have given them the lead, and Pulaski got the ball back and faked a punt on 4th down to get the needed first down to run the clock out. Pulaski looks to be much improved from last year.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
It was a great game at Mitchell Stadium in Bluefield as the Cougars got a big win tonight on the road against a historical power in AA Bluefield, WV. Pulaski ran the ball really well against Bluefield and controlled lots of clock. Bluefield dropped a touchdown pass at the goal line with just over 3 minutes left that would have given them the lead, and Pulaski got the ball back and faked a punt on 4th down to get the needed first down to run the clock out. Pulaski looks to be much improved from last year.
Can't wait for PC to make the trip to Mitchell again to play the G-Men. I was impressed with the improvement in PC from last season.

Pulaski High School closed in 1973 and Pulaski County High School opened the following year, unifying Pulaski High School and Dublin High School. The two former high schools became middle schools. A few years back, the middle schools unified into Pulaski County Middle School with a new facility.
Not unlike Covington and Allegheny next year.

The combined record of the teams PC has played to this point is 1-6. The 2 wins have came against teams that have yet to win a game. In my opinion the win over Bluefield does not mean a whole lot as far as how good or bad PC is or will be this season. The Bluefield team I seen on Friday was not that good IMO as compared to past Bluefield teams. We will see how they (PC) do when they actually play a good team that actually has a winning record. This is probably the least athletic team that PC has had in years and the talent on the line as a whole is well below past years in IMO. I predict 4-6 for PC and I will stick with that.
If they win 5 or more than Akers has over achieved with what he has to work with. We shall see!

The combined record of the teams PC has played to this point is 1-6. The 2 wins have came against teams that have yet to win a game. In my opinion the win over Bluefield does not mean a whole lot as far as how good or bad PC is or will be this season. The Bluefield team I seen on Friday was not that good IMO as compared to past Bluefield teams. We will see how they (PC) do when they actually play a good team that actually has a winning record. This is probably the least athletic team that PC has had in years and the talent on the line as a whole is well below past years in IMO. I predict 4-6 for PC and I will stick with that.
If they win 5 or more than Akers has over achieved with what he has to work with. We shall see!

I think it's basically 4-5 and next week's game is what determines 4-6 or 5-5. PC is unquestionably better than Bburg and HV seems to have fallen off a cliff so that should be another sure win. Salem, Graham, PH, and Cburg are most likely losses and that leaves an enigmatic Cave Spring.

I wonder if Pulaski isn't playing for a playoff spot next week. 5-5 might squeak in since all of the aforementioned predicted losses might have about 6-8 total losses between them and be "good" losses for the sake of points (unaware of how Tennessee High will finish).

Bluefield win was a good one. I would bet Bluefield doesn’t lose another game until deep in the playoffs. They have a lot of talent and if you were there and know football you would have seen that.

Bluefield win was a good one. I would bet Bluefield doesn’t lose another game until deep in the playoffs. They have a lot of talent and if you were there and know football you would have seen that.
By the way, the teams Salem beat are 1-5 and the one good team they played beat ‘em 40-7. Guess that means they go 4-6

Something I haven’t seen mentioned yet but that Bluefield team wasn’t even at full strength. Not sure why they didn’t play but I didn’t see 10 Shawn Hale or 8 Gerrard Wade out there. Could have made a difference who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT