ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski County 62 William Fleming 19

Good bounce-back win for the Cougars. But, man.....let's tell it like it is. Fleming must be flat-out pitiful. The Roanoke Times preview said Fleming could be in for a rough season, and they usually sugar-coat those previews as much as possible. Looks like they were right. Depending upon how good Spotswood is (Fleming hosts them in a few weeks), the Colonels might well be looking at oh-fer-ten.

What the heck is going on over there on Ferncliff Avenue? I really thought Martin would shut off the pipeline of talent heading elsewhere, and have the Colonels well along the right track in this, his fifth season. That definitely does not appear to be the case. I had wanted Salem to play both Roanoke City schools every year, but I'm very glad now that Fleming isn't on the schedule. By all indications, Franklin County will be bad enough.

As for Pulaski, it will be interesting to see how they do with next week's jaunt out to Abingdon. That could be a pretty good match-up.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I heard on the radio that Fleming's Senior running back, who was expected to have a great season, injured his knee pretty badly during their scrimmage with EC Glass 2 weeks ago. That's so unfortunate for him and for the William Fleming team.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I believe even Salem has benefited this year with some Fleming transfers including a freshman RB who's supposed to be very good. Just not sure what you can do at Fleming if you aren't constantly winning.

I heard on the radio that Fleming's Senior running back, who was expected to have a great season, injured his knee pretty badly during their scrimmage with EC Glass 2 weeks ago. That's so unfortunate for him and for the William Fleming team.
He injured his hand in the scrimmage. He played last night

As Spartan said, it's pathetic that Fleming isn't at least competitive. Bobby Martin is a great man but coach? To be PC I'll just say that Martin is better suited for the 1a/2a level. GW had multiple nationally ranked basketball teams that he coached in the 2000s that didn't even come close to winning a state championship (got blown out in championship game or lost in state quarters). I think a whole lot of Coach Martin as a person (you won't find a nicer/more kind hearted person; well there's DP, BN, and Mike Salem) but I think he's just not reaching those young boys. He lost touch a while ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT