ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Riverheads/East Rock history

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I don't follow baseball as closely as I do other sports, so I don't know the answer to this question, but maybe someone else does. Earlier this week, East Rockingham defeated Riverheads 4-0. One paper said it was the first time in the school's history that they had beaten Riverheads at home.

This puzzles me because I distinctly remember attending a game at East Rock one night in which we (Riverheads) were getting pummeled so badly by the fourth or fifth inning that I left early. However, I do seem to recall that on that night, we sat on the home side of the bleachers. So I wonder if maybe we were playing someone other than East Rock.

For example, there was a year (2012 I am guessing) in which we played Page County either five or six times and both advanced all the way to the state title game. So I am wondering if maybe this shellacking that I am remembering was one of those....like maybe a special playoff game requiring a neutral field?

Can anyone else remember that game so that we can prove that the newspaper was right about its observation?

This post was edited on 4/9 11:09 AM by longtimerhsfan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT