ADVERTISEMENT

Question : what are the restrictions on playing JV and then on varsity on same week for a player?

Official rule last time I checked:

Kid can play 40 total regular season quarters. 1 play in that quarter = a quarter. Doesn't matter when the 40 happen, but it should be no more than 40 total.

Official rule last time I checked:

Kid can play 40 total regular season quarters. 1 play in that quarter = a quarter. Doesn't matter when the 40 happen, but it should be no more than 40 total.
so the combination of Varsity and JV together cannot exceed 10 whole games of participation.

68-1-4 No member school shall play more than 10 football games during any one season, exclusive of play-off games authorized by a group board, nor more than an average of one game per week by the same team. By group board adoption, schools in that classification may permit football players to compete in no more than 40 quarters. Additionally, by group board adoption, a classification may permit junior varsity players, when participating on both varsity and junior varsity teams, to compete in no more than 48 quarters. When member schools have been reclassified, the present rule shall apply until the new group's member- ship can reconsider the 40-quarter or 48-quarter rule option.

I guess now the question is has any classification voted to allow 48 quarters?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT