ADVERTISEMENT

Question???

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I see a post on the 2A Board that says their Region D is not taking the top 8 VHSL ranked teams to the playoffs, but rather the top 4 from each of the two Districts in the Region.

My Questions are, 1). is this accurate, and 2). are any other regions in any class level selecting their playoff teams by any method other that the top 8?

I was wondering the same thing. The 1A board is showing that region B is only taking the top 6. Is there somewhere to find out this information? I think it should be top 8 by power points across the board.

I see a post on the 2A Board that says their Region D is not taking the top 8 VHSL ranked teams to the playoffs, but rather the top 4 from each of the two Districts in the Region.

My Questions are, 1). is this accurate, and 2). are any other regions in any class level selecting their playoff teams by any method other that the top 8?

I know recently that 4c did something like what 2D is doing. I think the rest have been based on points iirc.

As with 1B, the reasoning behind that is that they only have a certain number of teams in the Region who play football. There are quite a few who don't

I know recently that 4c did something like what 2D is doing. I think the rest have been based on points iirc.

As with 1B, the reasoning behind that is that they only have a certain number of teams in the Region who play football. There are quite a few who don't
I know 4C has been doing this for a few years. Top 4 from the Dulles and Top 4 from the NWD.

VHSL has given the Regions the right to choose who and how many teams make the playoffs. They don't have to use the point system at all if they don't want to. It comes down to how the be AD'S vote.

Reactions: VolNation85
I was wondering the same thing. The 1A board is showing that region B is only taking the top 6. Is there somewhere to find out this information? I think it should be top 8 by power points across the board.
It is 100% up to each Region, and in the past, some waited until near the end of the season to make it known. So, I don’t think there is anywhere that we can find a comprehensive and accurate list of who is doing what.

I agree, I would prefer that the top 8 in each Region be the playoff qualifiers, but that is not the way it works. The VHSL membership grants the Regions autonomy, and the League office only requires that each Region provide a champion. How they anoint that champion, is totally up to that Region.
I know 4C has been doing this for a few years. Top 4 from the Dulles and Top 4 from the NWD.
Mike, is 4D taking 6 or 8 this season? I assume 8?

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT